How many of you are Red Hat certification (RHCE), let's count, & please take a vote!

View Poll Results: do you have Red Hat certification (RHCE) or any other linux certification???

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • i am RHCE

1 2.86%
  • i have other linux certification

4 11.43%
  • i am MCSE

5 14.29%
  • no, i am not RHCE

29 82.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many of you are Red Hat certification (RHCE), let's count, & please take a vote!

How many of you are Red Hat certification (RHCE), let's count, & please take a vote!

are you a RHCE?
    ---------------------------------------------------
    + I am a linux newbie. hehehe :'D - - +
    + nice to meet you. (o"o) o^-^o >.< +
    + (o"O) T.T ^p^ =.= -.- :'O = = (cute) +

I am not a RHCE but am learning. But I am also glad to say that I am NOT an MCSE either! I do hold my CCNA though.
    "68 65 63 6B 6C 65"

I wish!
    That's something I need to get independantly for myself...

I took the practice test for it and need to work on my networking with it first...

Originally posted by mahdi
    I wish!
    Me too as all my Linux knowledge is self taught. You know - reading the &%($n manuals.

My manager has offered to send me on some Linux courses, but I'm afraid of some of them being... type cd <directory> to change directories etc. etc.

I would like something a bit more advanced.
    SEARCH FIRST... ASK SECOND Read the JL 'Community Help Posting Guidelines' before posting in the forums.

Precompiled Redhat NTFS Modules

Linuxplanet Tutorials

If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem. ... Please do not send me a PM asking for help...

Please read the search suggestion thread in JL Ideas

I got my RHCE about three weeks ago. I went through Red Hat's three courses they recommend, and while there were some things that I already knew, it served as a good refresher course.

Originally posted by mdwatts
    Me too as all my Linux knowledge is self taught. You know - reading the &%($n manuals.

My manager has offered to send me on some Linux courses, but I'm afraid of some of them being... type cd <directory> to change directories etc. etc.

I would like something a bit more advanced.
    Just stay away from the courses that say "For the beginner"

I took HP-UX admin class a couple years ago going in with good knowledge of Unix...and learned a TON of stuff, even now it would be good for me to take again. You always forget more then you think you knew

Im still in high school and was just thinking about this kind of stuff.

Has it done you any good? Did you learn anything(worth wild)? Did it ever help to get you a job/better job(like high rank earlier)?

I was thinking of going Cisco and RedHat since I heard that my school might pay alittle for the Cisco(because of their high school program).

Any advice?

=.=

oh.. only 1 RHCE here.. so far.
    anyway, how to make my topic to let everybody see it. so, all ppl can participate in this topic if they are interested.
    is it a good topic to count how many RHCE in this website???
    my objective: RHCE, then ---->cisco

CMonster (???) should be around sometime to post the picture of his Linux diploma.
    SEARCH FIRST... ASK SECOND Read the JL 'Community Help Posting Guidelines' before posting in the forums.

Linuxplanet Tutorials

If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem. ... Please do not send me a PM asking for help...

Re: =.=

Originally posted by roadorange

is it a good topic to count how many RHCE in this website???
    my objective: RHCE, then ---->cisco
    If that is what you are planning, then just go for it and don't worry how many members here do have their RHCE.

Linuxplanet Tutorials

Re: Re: =.=

Originally posted by mdwatts
    If that is what you are planning, then just go for it and don't worry how many members here do have their RHCE.
    oh........... i just feel curious about how many ppl have their RHCE or other linux certification.

am not RHCE but i would like to get the certs but a need to learn linux first
    Am New to linux i have only used windows. The time has come to try Linux.
    Click Here To Donate Using PayPal

Arrow in progress

I'm currently an MCSE, and working on RHCE and CCNA right now. . . .
    At least nothing is going to be as tough as the MCSE tests. RHCE is just one test and so is the CCNA! Piece of cake compared!

Originally posted by fergz
    am not RHCE but i would like to get the certs but a need to learn linux first
    I am considering getting my RHCE everything I have learned and linux and nix in general has been self taught or with the help of friends , but to tell you the truth I am getting kinda burnt out on computer courses. I prefer to learn things on my own and to roadorange it would not hurt to get your RHCE they can be spendy though $$ at least IMHO. I feel that my MCSE was a waste of time & money

just my .02
    Some of my favorite links

search engine's
    G4L & JL forum search
    one of the best Debian based distro's for new hardware
    registered Linux user # 288225

Originally posted by bosox79
    I am considering getting my RHCE everything I have learned and linux and nix in general has been self taught or with the help of friends , but to tell you the truth I am getting kinda burnt out on computer courses. I prefer to learn things on my own and to roadorange it would not hurt to get your RHCE they can be spendy though $$ at least IMHO. I feel that my MCSE was a waste of time & money

just my .02

I would agree i preffer to learn things my own way and on these fourms everybody helps each other if they can. The best things in life are FREE.
    Am New to linux i have only used windows. The time has come to try Linux.
    Click Here To Donate Using PayPal