The MAIN "SCO" (rant) thread (Please post in here) - Page 37

Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839 LastLast

Thread: The MAIN "SCO" (rant) thread (Please post in here)

Another development I just saw today:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/02...dodges_bullte/

"Despite the vast disparity between SCO's public accusations and its actual evidence - or complete lack thereof - and the resulting temptation to grant IBM's motion, the court has determined that it would be premature to grant summary judgment," Judge Kimball wrote.

"Viewed against the backdrop of SCO's plethora of public statements concerning IBM's and others' infringement of SCO's purported copyrights to the Unix software, it is astonishing that SCO has not offered any competent evidence to create a disputed fact regarding whether IBM has infringed SCO's alleged copyrights through IBM's Linux activities."

I wonder if they, SCO, looses the lawsuit and the judge finds it had no merit to begin with, if the people that have had to defend themselves can sue them for legal fees? I really don't think SCO has a leg to stand on and they know it. I think they should have to pay for the legal fees and all the court costs.

Just my thoughts.

My rig: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P mobo || AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz || ZALMAN CNPS10X Performa CPU cooler
    G.SKILL 16GB DDR3 PC3 12800 Memory || Nvidia GT-220 video card || LG W2253 Monitor
    HP Deskjet D4260 printer || LG GH22NS50B DVD R/W || WD1600AAJS & WD2502ABYS & Samsung HD753LJ & Seagate ST3000DM001 hard drives
    Cyberpower CP1350C UPS || Cooler Master HAF-932 Case

WARNING: Slow typer. Someone may answer the question while I'm trying to type it in. Oh, I type bad too.

heh...

That would be nice, but by the time SCO loses there won't be anything left in the bank...they're milking this gravy train for all it's worth. Just look at that Yarro scumbag.
    Need help in realtime? Visit us at #linuxnewbie on irc.libera.chat

Few of us will do as much for our fellow man as he has done.
    --Andrew Morton on RMS

Re: heh...

Originally posted by je_fro
    That would be nice, but by the time SCO loses there won't be anything left in the bank...they're milking this gravy train for all it's worth. Just look at that Yarro scumbag.
    Then they should pay restitution. They should correct the wrongs they caused. Make !them! pay for a while. That should also send a message to other companies not to do the same thing.

Later

My rig: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P mobo || AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz || ZALMAN CNPS10X Performa CPU cooler
    G.SKILL 16GB DDR3 PC3 12800 Memory || Nvidia GT-220 video card || LG W2253 Monitor
    HP Deskjet D4260 printer || LG GH22NS50B DVD R/W || WD1600AAJS & WD2502ABYS & Samsung HD753LJ & Seagate ST3000DM001 hard drives

WARNING: Slow typer. Someone may answer the question while I'm trying to type it in. Oh, I type bad too.

Post SCO faces delisting from NASDAQ, Symbol changed to SCOXE. "E"=delinquent status

The SCO group has yet to file its anual report from last year. The NASDAQ is not happy about this and has threatened to delist them on February 25th. Thus making the company effectively worthless and a non-issue going forward in terms of financial backing.

The end is near for SCO investors as stock heads toward delisting or zero status.

Well, if anybody deserves it, SCO is it. They are below zero in my book, down there with M$ ya know.

Later

User Friendly on the SCO v. IBM lawsuit

Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
    (No trees were killed in posting this message. However, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced.)
    ----------------------------------
    Debian user since Potato
    Syngin: Web Portfolio

What's going on with the suit anyway? I haven't heard anything about it in the news in a long while.

Later

A bit late in the discussion but the only people that are going to get rich of this are ... *drum roll* . THE LAWYERS!
    Registered Linux User # 394318

Some random rant from Slashdot that made me laugh:

When Microsoft releases security updates, it's cuz the software is crap. When others do it, it's cuz the software rocks. No double standards here. Maybe it's like when girls get naked. If she's good looking, it makes it better. If she's ugly looking, its much worse. Microsoft may be bloated, but needs love just like everyone else.

Well, I have not heard anything in a good while. What ever came out of this anyway? Did SCO eat crow and go away? It looks like they are still going uphill to me. I'm not a lawyer though.

I hope they loose their lunch and the lunch box it goes in.

Well, I have not heard anything in a good while. What ever came out of this anyway? Did SCO eat crow and go away? It looks like they are still going uphill to me. I'm not a lawyer though.
    According to groklaw.net, the 17th marks the final deadline for discovery. After that, both sides have to submit their initial reports and SCO will be required to disclose the alleged violations. Essentially, in two weeks it's going to be put up or shut up time.
    Registered Linux User No. 321,742

"At Harvard they have this policy where if you pass too many classes they ask you to leave."
    ---Richard M. Stallman

Wow...I can't believe I started this thread 3 years ago...
    They still haven't shown squat, and they won't either...all they've wanted all along is to make such a squawk as to get bought out. If you'll look at the compensation rules the (Caldera)SCOX executives have written for themselves, in case of a buyout they all bail out filthy rich. Between this and the blackberry lawsuit, I think it's time to leave before I'm the victim of a shakedown...(I swear she looked 18 )

--Andrew Morton on RMS

I can see an SCO legal analyst somewhere in an office, far away...

linux code
    Code:
     #include stdio.h
    SCO code
    Code:
     #include stdio.h
    And then he goes nuts and starts suing people. Had to post it.

Big selloff yesterday...I hope today is just as turbulent. Perhaps more shorts will get out causing the price to rise....we'll see !
    http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=SCOX&t=5d

--Andrew Morton on RMS

Quote Originally Posted by je_fro
    Big selloff yesterday...I hope today is just as turbulent. Perhaps more shorts will get out causing the price to rise....we'll see !
    http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=SCOX&t=5d
    Have they ever shown what was "stolen"? I have not heard anything about this in a long time now. It looks like SCO is about dead with this.