The MAIN "SCO" (rant) thread (Please post in here) - Page 17

Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: The MAIN "SCO" (rant) thread (Please post in here)

SCO and Linux are two different Operating system one(Linux) belongs to the Linux community and SCO unix belongs to well SCO, SCO is trying to scam IBM out of billions of dollars that they claim IBM stole fragments of the UNIX(They do not own the pattents) kernel code from their version of UNIX system v or some BS like that. This is just a ploy to stay afloat so that people can buy their stock(thinking that SCO will win) in a get rick quick scheme. As for the lawsuit check here

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/sco-statement.html
    Last edited by kshim5; 07-22-2003 at 11:13 AM.
    Live free or die ... LINUX

Originally posted by redhat81

SCO has a good point though. They paid for an investment, and they have to fight to protect that investment.
    Even though you support worthless scum bags and are like them, doesn't mean that you are going to sink others. If there is UNiX code in Linux, show us the code, or did the SCO put it there themselves. They certainly are scum bags, so I wouldn't put it past them.

SCO = Scumbag Criminal Organization

Anyone who owns that stock right now are dirt bags, plain and simple. It doesn't get any easier.

SCO is a desperate dying company. SCO isn't new and has been around for a long time. But I don't think people deploy it much anymore. I hope they don't get a dime.

The word "fanatical" comes unbidden into my mind..
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________
    Bigboogie on boogienights.net:
    Ammo case
    Asus 8N32 SLI MB
    AMD Athlon x2 3800+
    2 GB Patriot Signature 400 DDR
    160 GB Hitachi 7200 IDE
    2 x-250 Seagate SATA2
    EVGA Nvidia 7900GT
    Dell 2007WFP
    Logitech 5.1 speakers
    Logitech MX1000 mouse
    Dell USB keyboard
    NEC 3500 DVD-RW
    Benq 1655 DVD-RW

(God bless tax refunds)

Originally posted by Citadel
    SCO = Scumbag Criminal Organization

Anyone who owns that stock right now are dirt bags, plain and simple. It doesn't get any easier.
    If I only had the money, I'd buiy them out and make them stop all this.... And just when people were starting to take a real look at Linux... The timing of this thing is way off....
    one by one, the penguins steal my sanity...

Registered Linux User#: 340703

Originally posted by andycrofts

<edit> I've asked SCO for clarification, and asked permission to publish their reply on this forum. Let's see....</edit>
    I'm not gonna hold my breath for that one...
    one by one, the penguins steal my sanity...

Registered Linux User#: 340703

Thumbs down My humble opinion

I'm with Linux like Charleston Heston is with his Smith & Wesson. They will pry my cold dead fingers from the CD's and puter. SCO is like some of the other bad guys. Just trying to take a few others with them.
    I think Linux should sue SCO. That way they have to hire more lawyers to defend themselves. Maybe that will break their bank $$$$. That's what it's all about, $$$$$$$. I'm glad I'm poor. I don't have those problems.

My rig: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P mobo || AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz || ZALMAN CNPS10X Performa CPU cooler
    G.SKILL 16GB DDR3 PC3 12800 Memory || Nvidia GT-220 video card || LG W2253 Monitor
    HP Deskjet D4260 printer || LG GH22NS50B DVD R/W || WD1600AAJS & WD2502ABYS & Samsung HD753LJ & Seagate ST3000DM001 hard drives
    Cyberpower CP1350C UPS || Cooler Master HAF-932 Case

WARNING: Slow typer. Someone may answer the question while I'm trying to type it in. Oh, I type bad too.

Originally posted by hard candy
    SCO stock went up $1.13 today to $13.-somethng, so the corporate officers are benefiting if they still have stock. One way to rescue your networth.

Maybe that was the whole point of Darl, his brother Darl and other brother Darl with this FUD, you can see the code but not tell (NDA) non-sense, etc. Create a run on the stock so they can dump. Has anyone checked to see if Mcbride and other SCO officers have scheduled stock sales?

Has anyone thought about the possibility of Microsoft being behind this all? SCO could probably care less about small (in comparison, anyway) bits of their code being released, but MS would be more than happy to kill off Linux. SCO made money off of Linux, but MS loses money because people use Linux instead of Windows. SCO was in some financial trouble, so MS probably said "do you want to make some money" and they said "sure." MS buys a Unix license, SCO get's money, Linux is hurt. MS then get's more money. Businesses wouldn't help out other businesses for no reason. In capitalist America, everyone is out for themselves, but if everyone get's what they want, they'll gladly make a deal.

It's going to be bad for North America in the long term because we'll be far behind the rest of the world in information technology. All that we have is one big monopoly in the form of Microsoft, yeahhhh! that's going to help us a lot.

we need someone here in the US to shut them up in court. They haven't proven anything, yet they're allowed to attempt to sell licenses for something they haven't proven they have IP rights to. It's time for someone in the US to step up and file a gag order, or something similar to what they did in Germany. But who has to do it? IBM? Can anyone do it? Is that something we here at JustLinux could do?

This constant threat of litigation is wrong, and it has to stop. Lets do something about it!
    Debian Sid
    Athlon 1.2 Ghz
    512 Meg memory
    HDA: 80 gig Maxtor (windows)
    HDB: 80 gig Seagate (linux)

If there is Unix code in Linux then it needs to be addressed ASAP. Unfortunatly SCO is acting on unproven information......i think it's terrible that they are allowed to offer 'deals' to linux users to protect themselves when they haven't proved their case. I believe they should be made to hold off all claims until the case is proved/unproved

Re: My humble opinion

Originally posted by dalek

I think Linux should sue SCO.
    Who is "Linux"?

I understand why SCO would want to protect their code, but so far they have produced absolutely no proof whatsoever.

SCO was selling Linux and Unix, and Caldera/SCO employees contributed to the Linux kernel. So even if SCO does produce code, how do we know it wasn't given willingly or "planted"?

~psi42
    Last edited by psi42; 07-23-2003 at 05:26 PM.

America seems a lot like a regime, however if there was any justice they would send the SCO executives to prison, not just lawsuits.