mount:RPC:Remote System Error: No route to host

Thread: mount:RPC:Remote System Error: No route to host

mount:RPC:Remote System Error: No route to host

I am using redhat 9. I have setup my linux box to be a samba-pdc/NFS/Cups print server. I was able to setup NFS and Samba-pdc beforehand and it was running successfully until now...I was able to setup Cups Print server in my linux box successfully but when i tried mounting the exported directory from server...i get this error...mount: RPC: Program not registered. So i tried restarting NFS daemons. I used rpcinfo -p option to check if the daemons are running. But still i get the same error. Ive checked my /etc/fstab and rebooted. I also rechecked the NFS Server and i see that all the daemons are running. Ive also checked /etc /exports, /etc/hosts.deny and /etc/hosts.deny. But still i cant mount from my client machines. Can anybody help me? I am quite confused why all of a sudden it isnt working. I havent made any changes to the config files.

Are your network connections good? Both machines have an IP and can ping each other?
    http://www.gretchenann.com/linux

Re: mount:RPC:Remote System Error: No route to host

Originally posted by zdehman
    mount: RPC: Program not registered
    If you haven't touched any of the nfs config files, have you re-configured you firewall recently?

I can ping both of my computers IP. I havent configured the firewall just yet. When i restarted all of the NFS daemons...starting the NFS services takes up a lot of time to restart. What is wrong? i cant seem to think of other reasons why...

Check your log files. Restart the server, then immediately (as root) do:
    Code:
    tail /var/log/syslog
    See if any NFS-related messages show up.
    Scotty: Captain, we din' can reference it!
    Kirk: Analysis, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Captain, it doesn't appear in the symbol table.
    Kirk: Then it's of external origin?
    Spock: Affirmative.
    Kirk: Mr. Sulu, go to pass two.
    Sulu: Aye aye, sir, going to pass two.