Emerging xft prob

Thread: Emerging xft prob

Emerging xft prob

I've tried emerging Xft, but:

Code:
    $ emerge -p xft

These are the packages that I would merge, in order:

Calculating dependencies ...done!
    [blocks B     ] >=x11-base/xfree-4.3.0-r2 (from pkg x11-libs/xft-2.0.1-r2)
    [ebuild  N    ] x11-libs/xft-2.0.1-r2
    I found somebody else with the same problem but what Nu-Bee_4VR said does not appear to be true. I have 'installed' the fonts locally by just copying them to my ~/.fonts/ directory, but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference (I tried the Gnome font picker-- didn't work).

So I conclude that Xft is not installed. If I actually run 'emerge xft' will Portage try to uninstall X, or what will happen?

Btw, I read this:
    Blockers are defined when two packages will clobber each others files, or otherwise cause some form of breakage in your system. However, blockers usually do not need to be simultaneously emerged because they usually provide the same functionality.
    . : My Blog : : System specs (scroll down) : : Screenshots : .

"The world is like a giant puzzle; it's always easiest to fit where you belong."

Basically, what I wanted to know was what would happen if I really ran 'emerge xft'. I just read this:

blocked On Gentoo, packages that conflict with other packages are blocked. Example: Qmail conflics with and therefore blocks postfix, ssmtp etc. Unmerge the conflicting package or keep the one you are using.
    Huh-- I just looked over the output again, and that guy looks right... time to try to do a system-wide install....
    . : My Blog : : System specs (scroll down) : : Screenshots : .

"The world is like a giant puzzle; it's always easiest to fit where you belong."