Equivalent software to PaperPort for Win

Thread: Equivalent software to PaperPort for Win

Equivalent software to PaperPort for Win

Hi folks,

I have been searching for a software from Open Source running on Linux/Unix equivalent to PaperPort/PageMaker/OmniPage/etc. for Win. They are graphic editing software with database integrated. They have a platform/table to retain scanned documents visually and combine them as a file. The file can be saved in many formats. Each page inside the file can be rearranged, i.e. page-1 can be re-inserted as page-13, etc. and all pages will be re-numbered automatically. The pages can be editted both graphically or textwise.

They have a powerful database to search documents on their titiles or contents. The database can be update at night at a pre-fixed time. The documents can be OCR.

To my understanding a graphic editing software such as GIMP can do the job. But the operation would not be so simple and handy.

Any advice???

TIA

B.R.
    satimis

did you try SANE
    Linux reg. User # 298337

Originally posted by bsm2001
    did you try SANE
    Hi,

Thanks for your advice.

I am using SANE for scanning on Linux. I have been advised using a command line to combine scanned documents as a file/book. But sitll it cannot cater my need as stated in my first posting.

B.R.
    satimis

have a look here http://pagis-pagekeeper-paperport.tinusi.com/
    hope this helps.
    Linux reg. User # 298337