How do I restore the default graphics card drivers that came with Fedora Linux?

Thread: How do I restore the default graphics card drivers that came with Fedora Linux?

Question How do I restore the default graphics card drivers that came with Fedora Linux?

Hi folks

Ok, here it is...

I recently downloaded the DRI graphics driver for my ProSavage KM133 video card in the hopes of being able to play 3D games on Linux. What happened after I installed these drivers is that I was unable to start X. At this point I don't even want to be able to play 3D games. All I want to do is restore the default drivers that came with Fedora Linux (core 1#) when I installed it from CD's.

What do I need to do here?

Thank's

redhat-config-xfree86

from a text console issue the command redhat-config-xfree86

Re: redhat-config-xfree86

Originally posted by adikgede
    from a text console issue the command redhat-config-xfree86
    Wow, thank's for the quick reply (definately appreciated!). Well, I su'd into root, typed in that string and all I got was the "Display Settings" dialogue box. then I was asked to re-login. Gosh, if re-installing all of the default XFree86 drivers is that easy, I'll be in seventh heaven

UPDATE: Nope, I'm still getting a message at boot-up that tells me that it can't start the X-Server ("not set up correctly"). What happened earlier was that I had overwritten my current ProSavage KM133 driver files...

/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/savage_drv.o

and...

/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/savage_dri.so

...with ones that were for RedHat Linux 7-2/8.0 so I now have OLDER driver files and they do not work correctly. I'm running Fedora Linux (core 1#) and Gnome. Actually if I could just suck these two files back off the Fedora CD's or something, that would be great. Any ideas?

Thanks again (I appreciate your help a lot!)
    Last edited by Thugz4Hire; 01-29-2004 at 11:21 PM.