Mandrake 10 1-4 download - Page 5

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mandrake 10 1-4 download

i just d/l the files and am having trouble burning them... what data mode are the isos? (data mode 1 or 2?), is it raw data? and what is the block size? (2048 or 2352?)

i am using nero and it says:

The entered block size does not correspond to the image length. the block size may be wrong. do you want to correct the value or ignore the problem? i choose correct but i dont know what the settings should be... any help?

If you have nero 6.0 or greater, launch nero. Select "disc image or projects". A box will pop up, at the very bottom to the left it will say "file type". Then on the far right click the drop down arrow and select "Image files" browse back to where you downloaded the file to. Then double click on the file you downloaded.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________
    Bigboogie on boogienights.net:
    Ammo case
    Asus 8N32 SLI MB
    AMD Athlon x2 3800+
    2 GB Patriot Signature 400 DDR
    160 GB Hitachi 7200 IDE
    2 x-250 Seagate SATA2
    EVGA Nvidia 7900GT
    Dell 2007WFP
    Logitech 5.1 speakers
    Logitech MX1000 mouse
    Dell USB keyboard
    NEC 3500 DVD-RW
    Benq 1655 DVD-RW

(God bless tax refunds)

thats exactly what i did and i get that error... i decided to click ignore and it turned out ok so thanks anyways...

Originally posted by hyperstone
    There are many important RPMs on the 4th CD, among them is kernel-source-2.4.25-2mdk.i586.rpm, etc For a
    full installation all four CDs are necessary.
    Hmm...this may or may not explain why my soundcard and networking won't load. I am very doubtful about the networking though. It doesn't seem to work under Overclockix either. I still can't decide whether I want drake or overclockix. I'm thinking whichever I get installed first.

Originally posted by Hey15Bob
    Hmm...this may or may not explain why my soundcard and networking won't load. I am very doubtful about the networking though. It doesn't seem to work under Overclockix either. I still can't decide whether I want drake or overclockix. I'm thinking whichever I get installed first.
    Unless you are running the 2.4 kernel for some reason, this should have absolutely nothing to do with that. Unfortunately I have no idea what would be causing it, so I'm afraid I can't help too much.

nero 6.o

when burning in windows, the only application that has burned 100% is NTI, nero has had way to many problems check out http://www.ntius.com/default.asp for more info, but now days I only use xcdroast or k3b
    registered Linux user number 371609

SaBaYoN LiNuX DoWnLoAd NoW

Zip Ties = Reef Duck Tape

If guns kill people, then...

Pencils mis-speel...
    Cars make people drive drunk...
    Spoons make people fat...

ya thanks for the 4th cd. u need it for the kernel source (required for installing vmtools, video drivers, etc.)

Question

I'm going to try installing Mandrake in a few hours.

I've downloaded the 3 iso's from mandrake and am busy getting together all the info I can before I start.

Having discovered the 4th CD I'm busy downloading it now.

Are the first 3 iso's listed at the beginning of this thread the same as the 3 iso's I downloaded from mandrake or do I need to forget the mandrake iso's and re-load the 4 listed in this thread (hope they're the same as all ready burnt them to CD)

best

Phil

From what I understand they're exactly the same. In fact, if you don't have the fourth CD it just asks you to insert it and you have to cancel.

Excellent. Many thanks.

As it's 1/2 way through, will wait for the 4th one to d/l before I start my install

best

Phil

Oops, I believe the kernel source is on cd3 not cd4. CD4 has some extras, not sure if it has anything that you couldn't otherwise download from rpmfind or wherever.

I'm just getting back into Linux. Aside from the pesky eth0 interface failing (set MII_NOT_SUPPORTED="yes" in the ifcfg_eth0 file), things have ran really smooth.

BTW, does anyone know how to make Firefox use the back/forward buttons on your mouse correctly? (in other words, like IE uses it). I've found the SHIFT+scroll shortcut, that's pretty neat but I'd like to control the browsing w/o the keyboard.
    Last edited by dorkino; 07-07-2004 at 11:42 PM.
    ASUS P4PE Mainboard
    Intel P4 2.53Ghz CPU
    512MB Corsair XMS-3200LL (2x256)
    ATI AIW 9800 Pro 128MB
    SB Audigy 2 ZS
    (1) PATA WD 120GB 8MB HDD @ 7200
    (1) SATA WD 120GB 8MB HDD @ 7200
    ViewSonic VX900-2 19" LCD

Mandrake 10 / 2.6.3-7 kernel

dorkino

Kernel 2.4.25-2 source is on CD4 and kernel 2.6.3-6 source is on CD3.

Thank you dorkino for your comment on ifcfg_eth0. It was very annoying, indeed.

Re: Re: wow

Originally posted by cybertron
    Scary, so was I

Maybe we've found a secret Linux user breeding ground
    Scary again, same for me.

Cool

Ah, thanks Hyperstone. I'm using the 2.6 kernel, which is why i was led to believe the source was solely on cd3. Didn't stop to think about 2.4...

ASUS P4PE Mainboard
    Intel P4 2.53Ghz CPU
    512MB Corsair XMS-3200LL (2x256)
    ATI AIW 9800 Pro 128MB
    SB Audigy 2 ZS
    (1) PATA WD 120GB 8MB HDD @ 7200
    (1) SATA WD 120GB 8MB HDD @ 7200
    ViewSonic VX900-2 19" LCD

Mandrake 10 / 2.6.3-7 kernel