[MAIN] Yell at ATI! (please post here)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: [MAIN] Yell at ATI! (please post here)

ATI Linux Drivers Petition

Here's a formal petition to ATI complaining about their piss-poor Linux support...

http://www.petitiononline.com/atipet/petition.html

Sorry if this has already been posted, I did a quick search and didn't see anything.
    - Andy

Obligatorydistro link.

I signed it and I use Nvidia. But I figured, in the future I may end up with an ATI card and need the driver.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________
    Bigboogie on boogienights.net:
    Ammo case
    Asus 8N32 SLI MB
    AMD Athlon x2 3800+
    2 GB Patriot Signature 400 DDR
    160 GB Hitachi 7200 IDE
    2 x-250 Seagate SATA2
    EVGA Nvidia 7900GT
    Dell 2007WFP
    Logitech 5.1 speakers
    Logitech MX1000 mouse
    Dell USB keyboard
    NEC 3500 DVD-RW
    Benq 1655 DVD-RW

(God bless tax refunds)

I signed it earlier today. I have a Radeon 9000m in my laptop and even though the regular ATI drivers work with this, they are very unstable and have some funky flaws when playing large maps in UT2004 (no Onslaught for me!)

It would also be nice if they supported the moble chips at all, these things eat up battery power like no tommorow just sitting idle in Fluxbox.

Maybe one day ATI will stop giving us half-arsed drivers and get on the boat like nVidia has been doing for years

I'm #2363
    I do not want to tip toe through life just to arrive safely at death.

There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.
    -- Ayn Rand

just signed
    Please use your spare cpu cycles to help a good cause (its free!!1)... http://folding.stanford.edu

BSD, Java, and Functional Programming fan.

Well the poorness of the drivers should make my install tonight or tomorrow more interesting

I'll sign when I've gotten aggravated enough.

Originally posted by Dancen
    Well the poorness of the drivers should make my install tonight or tomorrow more interesting

I'll sign when I've gotten aggravated enough.
    If you're using a 2.6 Kernel, you'll have to modify the driver source code for 3D acceleration to work (at least that was the case when I installed mine).
    - Andy

Obligatorydistro link.

Originally posted by andysimmons
    If you're using a 2.6 Kernel, you'll have to modify the driver source code for 3D acceleration to work (at least that was the case when I installed mine).
    I was going to install Slack 10, which has 2.4.26, but I was going to update that right away, so this may be an issue. What video card do you have?
    *hopes it's not the same as mine *

2533 is me

signed

"What can be said at all can be said clearly, and what we cannot talk about we must pass over in silence."

Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus by Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951)

Yell at ATI!

http://www.petitiononline.com/atipet/petition.html

I merged your thread with one already active.

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."

-Deep Thought, Jack Handey

mmmm @least they make linux drivers and those are more up-2-date than the windows drivers i use for my ATI mobility radeon 9000

thos ******* don't make mobility drivers so i need to use winXP drivers from 2003

(also Fujitsu is to blame but i like to use the official manufacturor drivers)

(if anyone have good mobility proof drivers (catalyst) i would like to know where i can get them )

imho, the best way to "Yell" at them is to not buy their products.

maybe if they lose business they will learn.

they have a very long history of dropping support / crappy support - and not just with Video Cards

signed!