Some of my favorite links

search engine's
    G4L & JL forum search
    one of the best Debian based distro's for new hardware
    registered Linux user # 288225

Originally posted by bosox79
    Loki3,

That sounds like a good idea
    Too bad I have no idea how to do that but it would be the icing on the cake to include it in MdWatt Linux.
    "I know where you're from but where do you belong?"

Originally posted by Daedrus
    Just an idea as another way to keep this thread known. Could a moderate take a look at why this thread, which with this post has 161 replies, doesn't show up in the Hot Threads list?
    More than likely, it's because the thread is sticky-ed. I don't see any sticky threads listed in the Hot Threads list on the front page.

But, you're probably right. Maybe you should post a suggestion in Forum Suggestions, asking that we place something on the front page about it. I'm sure Brian (bproffitt) wouldn't have a problem doing that.

But, I had an idea for the name a liveCD Linux distro in honor of Mike: I think it'd be fitting to call the distro [size=large]Googleix[/size]
    Registered Linux user #230403! Since March 2001! YAY.

Try doing a forum search or a google search before asking a question. And please don't use HELP! in the topic of your post... it's so lame... Please don't PM me for help-- post a question in the forum instead.

But, I had an idea for the name a liveCD Linux distro in honor of Mike: I think it'd be fitting to call the distro Googleix
    I like it alex and you are correct that would be very fitting
    Some of my favorite links

search engine's
    G4L & JL forum search
    one of the best Debian based distro's for new hardware
    registered Linux user # 288225

Originally posted by Alex Cavnar, aka alc6379
    But, I had an idea for the name a liveCD Linux distro in honor of Mike: I think it'd be fitting to call the distro [size=large]Googleix[/size]
    not a bad idea, but i think the google people would freak, at the moment it wouldnt be named 'mdwatts linux' but it would make sure you knew it was dedicated to him
    windows get broken, penguins don't get sucked into jet engines --gehidore
    Community help posting guidelines.
    || DSL || Kanotix || FreeBSD
    || dillo || JL FAH team ||

he will be sorely missed

I've been away from the forum for a while as my work had me away from any linux projects. I just recently posted but hadn't heard the news about Mike.

When the replies to my recent post came in, I had a brief thought to the effect of "Hmmm, I half expected MDwatts to chime in on this one" but continued on without thinking about it much.

Today I noticed the annoucement and suddenly realized why.

Mike helped me out countless times through this forum. He was always generous with his knowledge and I am grateful for all his help.

he will be sorely missed.

with much sadness...
    Jeff (aka Singlespeed)
    ~We have done so much for so long with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

This is extremely cheesy, I realize this, and I don't even know MD all that well, just by the many times he helped me and I tuely respected him and appreciated all the help he gave me over the years. For my tribute to him I have set up a user account on all the machines I maintain, It is named mdwatts. I think that is a fitting tribute.
    CPU: AMD Athlon XP 1700 (overclocked)
    GPU: Geforce 2 ti
    Soundcard: Soundblaster Audigy Gamer
    Ram: 512mb ram
    Mobo: LanParty NFIIULTRAB
    Storage: 2x 40mb IDE 1x80mb SATA
    Drives: HP dvd100i (dvd+RW/cdr/cdrw-writer)
    Case: Heavily modded Kingwin Aluminum
    CPU Cooling: Zalman Flower (fanless)

Hi
    I have just found out about his death. Seems only yesterday that he was on here adding his expertise to help us all.
    He will be sadly missed but has left us all something to aspire to in helping others.
    Best regards to his family and friends.
    kedman
    The thing with Linux is you keep trying all this stuff!!
    and then it works

I don't know why it's taken me so long to post here about Mike, shock and depression I guess...

I really wish I was able to get to know Mike better, I was hoping one day of going to Canada just to meet him. Online he was one of the most helpful and friendly person I've known, I'm sure his personal life reflected much of this.

As for the fortune-mod of Mikeinisms, I've started one. I'm digging through all of his posts that are on record here (01-30-2002, I'll probably dig through archive.org for older ones) and hope to be done this weekend. I'll post it when it's complete.

It really feels a lot different around here without him...
    We miss you, Mike

Unhappy

Its been long since I last visited JL forums cos of my studies but today when I needed some info, mdwatts came to my mind straight away. I was absolutely sure that he would have been a real help. I can't express how disappointing it is to know about the demise of such a person. He was always there whenever someone needed help and tried to help as much as he could.
    In whatever small time I spent at JustLinux he was one person who impressed me to the core and now when I know that he did all this while fighting with such a disease, I have even greater respect for him in my heart.
    This just proves how a person can touch someone's life even if he is sitting in another half of the globe.
    May god bless his soul and give his family/friends' the strength they require.
    We will miss you Mike
    yabba dabba doo...
    asklepios20@jabber.org

Originally posted by fatTrav
    I may not have known mike personally, but I do know he spent a lot of time on this forum helping people out. I'm sure he was prolly like that in other aspects as well. We would all be better off if more people would give as much time in helping others.

Thanks mdwatts for helping me out so many times.

travis
    Yes I agree with fatTrav, he surely helped a lot of people here including me, good bye mdwatts.

hey, i haven't dropped by in a loooong time

i can't believe mike is gone

i knew he was sick and stuff , but i can't believe it
    Use the right tool for the right job!
    Can you predict the future? Come talk about it!

It's so sad news. He has helped so many people like myself. Rest in peace my friend.
    cat /home/zoist/.signature

Wow what a shocker. Always looked up to mdwatts...

Good fellow and will be missed... God bless him and his family.

That is indeed sad news.

Thanks for being such a big help to everyone over the years Mike.

Happy Birthday-
    What if the Earth were just a sub-atomic particle in a piece of dog crap in a much, much bigger universe....

iptables Router/Firewall Script