mdwatts - Mike Watts has passed away - Page 3

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: mdwatts - Mike Watts has passed away

Originally posted by The Whizzard
    Mike, thank you for all you have done for all of us here at Just Linux and previously Linux Newbie. You were a great asset to this community and will be missed greatly.
    I've known and respected you since I joined LNO back in Feb. 2000. I have faint memories of your previous account, WattsMD, before the forum software ate that account several years ago.

In honor of you memory, I have done a G4L search on your username. The following came up which I think all of us would enjoy. It's an article on the defunct Grasshoppers' Linux Journal titled "Getting help in Linux" from nuvan.
    That's awesome. He was famous even outside the JustLinux community! I guess this means I'll never get to answer a question he asked, which was going to be my sign that I had arrived as a Linux user Seriously though, he will be and has been missed these past few months here.

Anybody know where we can send condolences? An e-mail address or a real address?

I think I'm going to go read through every man page on my computer in his honor

Originally posted by The Whizzard
    I have faint memories of your previous account, WattsMD, before the forum software ate that account several years ago.
    What if he, with that account included, actually made the 40.000 post mark? Is there any way of finding out? That would definately call for a small celebration in his honor!

justlinux.com was previously linuxnewbie.org, and it redirects to even now.
    Come under the reign of the Idiot King...
    Come to me ... I love linux!

Registered Linux user: Idiot King #350544

Its the end of an Era........................

You will be missed.

/me bows
    is it me, or does the word abbreviation seem a bit long ??
    GameAddix.net

Originally posted by arioch
    What if he, with that account included, actually made the 40.000 post mark? Is there any way of finding out? That would definately call for a small celebration in his honor!
    To be honest, the mdwatts account is in it's 2nd or 3rd encarnation. There was a lot of problems with the forum software several years ago. When the latest encarnation of the mdwatts account was started, the forum admin( I believe it was bproffit) started the account with an approximation of total posts for all of his accounts. It is possible that Mike has surpassed the 40K mark, but we will never know for sure.

This is hedious, scary and ...

I can't believe it.
    Come under the reign of the Idiot King...
    Come to me ... I love linux!

Registered Linux user: Idiot King #350544

Wow. I'm pretty much speechless upon seeing this news. He has helped me out on numerous occasions. From the posts I have read he was a well respected member of this forum. My prayers are with his family and friends and may he be happy in his new home.

I ride a motorcycle quite a bit and am a member of a few motorcycle related forums and it's one thing to see someone pass on those boards because of the inherent danger of the sport, but to see someone pass away on this board from cancer is truly sad.................
    I do not want to tip toe through life just to arrive safely at death.

There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.
    -- Ayn Rand

I have known MIke on these boards for years for years and he was always great to everyone and he was decent to everyone too. Search 1st, ask 2nd was his standard sig I believe. He will be missed
    Last edited by pbharris; 08-29-2004 at 01:46 PM.
    I don't use Linux because I hate Windows (which I do) I use Linux because I like it.
    play mtrek! telnet://mtrek.com:23
    pbharris_359@yahoo.com

Unhappy

Not only life but death too is totally unfair.
    You will be missed!

May he rest in peace... my condolences to everyone that knew him personally.

I guess I figured this might happen eventually, but that doesn't make it any better. He will be dearly missed.

Goodbye, Mike.

My prayers and condolences to his family. Mike Watts will be sorely missed.
    Unfortunately, death is as much a part of life as living. But, we can celebrate his many great influences over us. Good bye, mdwatts. Thanks for your help.

Rest in Peace, Mike.
    You will be truly missed.
    Linux 2.6.9-gt (4K Stacks) on Arch Linux 0.7

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person."

http://www.yupadog.com

I kept checking this thread hoping that this was all a sick joke, it does not seem to be the case.

Our hearts go out the the Watts family, Mike will surely be missed!.

I think we should create a Linux Distro in is honor, call it "Watts Linux in memory of Mike Watts."

BaVinic
    Registered Linux User #285413
    ----------------------------------------

Shut the Gates, and Close the Windows
    Linux has arrived

although never met him personally, this has come as a big shock to me. i had never seen someone so eager to help everyone at a forum. he must have been a thousand times better in person. thanks for all the help, knowledge, tips, comments. most importantly, your willingness. you sure will be missed.

tuco

mdw

mdwatts

you will be missed by many justlinux users, as well as family and friends. I remember you helped me with many issues as a linux n00b, heck I still dont know much about linux. mdwatts, you are, were a good man.

mmills
    registered Linux user number 371609

SaBaYoN LiNuX DoWnLoAd NoW

Zip Ties = Reef Duck Tape

If guns kill people, then...

Pencils mis-speel...
    Cars make people drive drunk...
    Spoons make people fat...