I just folded my first protein - Page 3

Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: I just folded my first protein

#1 done in just over 2.5 days.
    "Cluelessness - There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots." -- Despair 2005 Calendar

"Life is pleasant. Death is Peaceful. It is the transition that's troublesome." --Isaac Asimov

Re: Numbering...

Originally posted by tlyons
    Hmm... I just went with the default settings on both computers, and it seems that both were assigned #1 (because I didn't specify otherwise... I don't think the setup questions even asked... it was the server that gave the number). Do I have to override this on one of them?

- T.
    Look for a file called client.cfg. As long as this is different on each of your machines you're good to go. Assuming you're not clustering anyway.

I guess this thread explains our jump in members! Good stuff. We're in a close close battle with Colorado Tech. They said your computers all suck! You're not gonna let em get away with that are you?!

I just went to join up with a machine at work but it does not seem to be conencting or getting packets. Keep getting the message "could not connect to assignment server". If I can get this machine connecting, I only use it 2 days a week and can leave it running 24/7.
    "68 65 63 6B 6C 65"

hmmm. intresting a reason to set up some clusters for once, if my old hardware still works i'll join in with some power.
    Be AWARE: gramaticle/spelling errors will happen
    ReX Productions
    Current Web Project
    Join Project Honey Pot

Originally posted by ions
    Another neat place to watch your stats is here: http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...php?s=&t=36480
    Ooh, nice find! I've got a new bookmark for checking my FaH stats.

Why not?

Well, since I had a couple more lazy computers just sitting around, I decided to sign them up, too. One will be only part-time, with the screen saver.

1 - Mac G3/333, 768MB RAM (OSX 10.2.1) (screen saver)
    2 - Celeron/400, 256 MB RAM (Win XP)
    3 - Athlon/800, 512MB RAM (Debian Sarge)
    4 - K6-II/500, 256MB RAM (Debian Sarge)

It's inspiring to see so many of us get on board at once. Hopefully we can climb the ranks.

- T.

P.S. Don't hate the non-Linux boxes. They're still pulling for the team (...just not as hard!).

Re: Why not?

It's inspiring to see so many of us get on board at once. Hopefully we can climb the ranks.

- T.
    I think that we are
    :wq

Re: Re: Why not?

Originally posted by Cerf
    I think that we are
    I know we are. when i joined, we were at like...1500, now we're at 320 (team rank) and have grown from 10 members to 40 members. Not bad at all.
    JustLinux IRC Channel: irc.freenode.net #justlinux

There is some inconsistancy with the rankings of folding@home, and the rankings listed on extremeoverclocking.com.

According to extremeoverclocking we are 320, and according to FAH we are 325. Either way we are doing fairly well

There is some inconsistancy with the rankings of folding@home, and the rankings listed on extremeoverclocking.com.

According to extremeoverclocking we are 320, and according to FAH we are 325. Either way we are doing fairly well
    That's probably because the FaH stats include aggregate teams. I'm not entirely sure what those are, but as I recall one of them is all of the people not folding for a specific team and another is named Google. I think those are the two biggest teams overall, and there are probably three more that are accounting for the difference.

Originally posted by cybertron
    That's probably because the FaH stats include aggregate teams. I'm not entirely sure what those are, but as I recall one of them is all of the people not folding for a specific team and another is named Google. I think those are the two biggest teams overall, and there are probably three more that are accounting for the difference.
    That does sound like a plausible explanation

My desktop, running win xp was running FAH. It was 98% done, and crashed.

O well, thats the reliability of windows for you

My desktop, running win xp was running FAH. It was 98% done, and crashed.
    Your workfiles and checkpoints should still be intact if you restart. It should be able to continue from the last completed point.

- T.

Your workfiles and checkpoints should still be intact if you restart. It should be able to continue from the last completed point.

- T.
    deafault 'flush to disk' time is every 15 minutes

so you'll be a little behind where you were, but not too far.
    JustLinux IRC Channel: irc.freenode.net #justlinux