I just folded my first protein - Page 4

Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: I just folded my first protein

Originally posted by tlyons
    Your workfiles and checkpoints should still be intact if you restart. It should be able to continue from the last completed point.

- T.
    I set the flush to disk to every three mineuts in a hope of not losing any data, but I had to shutdown the computer because windows xp locked up, and the file was not properly restored (I think, I not much of a windows person).

The long and the short of it is:
    If the file was still intack F@H (I assume) would be able to automatically restart from the save point after a crash, but it did not, so I am starting over.
    :wq

Cerf, you may also note that the folding.extremeoverclocking site is slightly behind the stanford site. AFAIK extremeoverclocking only updates every 12 hours.

With our rise in membership maybe we can catch up to the AV123 team. They went blazing past us in January.

I just finished my first one and have it running on a spare machine at home.
    "68 65 63 6B 6C 65"

Originally posted by ions
    With our rise in membership maybe we can catch up to the AV123 team. They went blazing past us in January.
    Looking at the Team Overtake link on EOC, it looks like they will be difficult to catch. But we're still growing every day, and climbing nicely. The processor count is going up even among our existing team members, not to mention us new joiners.

Can't wait to break into the top 300.

I'm a little bummed with some of the point allocations for WU's. My main computer has generated 3 of my 4 WU's so far, but the points haven't been great (46 for 100 frames?), and 2 of my other 3 boxes are toiling pretty hard for mediocre points. Fortunately, my Mac is chewing away at 400 frames at 261 points (which should at least slow my descent back to the bottom of the team member rankings).

- T.

A couple of our folders have been sandbagging so there's more to come from them. That combined with an influx of new folders could see us close the roughly 8200points/day gap we'd need to keep even with AV123.

i'm reinstalling gentoo the long way around (http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-274968.html)

broken hard drives and such... but i have f@h on my sisters pc (not that she ever runs for very long) and its been on my win hd while i wait for the new one to come in...

i should be folding under *nix again by friday... and i'm lookin at gettin a smaller box to have just for like server stuff.. and then i'll have 3 boxen
    JustLinux IRC Channel: irc.freenode.net #justlinux

We're about to overtake a team called 'IBM' some...heh, I just refreshed the Overclockers Folding page to see in exactly how long we would be doing the overtaking and we already had. The justlinux_regulars are now a top 300 team AND have just overtaken IBM! Good stuff!

Click here to see who we overtake next!

Heh...

As long as we pass #203 on that list I'll be happy.
    Need help in realtime? Visit us at #linuxnewbie on irc.libera.chat

Few of us will do as much for our fellow man as he has done.
    --Andrew Morton on RMS

89 Days.... Unless we get some more people...hint hint nudge nudge... c'mon people!

Does anyone fold on a laptop? I was using mine, which gives me about another 50% production above what I have now, but I got concerned about overheating. So does anyone here run Folding on their laptop and if so, do you have any problems with it?

not me....

My fan stays on if I run it on my laptop. Since it's a Toshiba 1555CDS and it's days are coming to an end, I decided not to do it on there.

--Andrew Morton on RMS

Is making a ham sandwich considered folding a protein?
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________
    Bigboogie on boogienights.net:
    Ammo case
    Asus 8N32 SLI MB
    AMD Athlon x2 3800+
    2 GB Patriot Signature 400 DDR
    160 GB Hitachi 7200 IDE
    2 x-250 Seagate SATA2
    EVGA Nvidia 7900GT
    Dell 2007WFP
    Logitech 5.1 speakers
    Logitech MX1000 mouse
    Dell USB keyboard
    NEC 3500 DVD-RW
    Benq 1655 DVD-RW

(God bless tax refunds)

well, almost

it probably takes less computational power to have a robot make a ham sandwich than it does to fold a protein with molecular dynamics.

--Andrew Morton on RMS

i don't use my laptop at home so i have it on folding, the fan never stops but heat has not been an issue if it becomes an issue, just resetup the service and have it use less cpu power. I currently have foru sytems folding, and hoep to get another soon. Would have more but i'm out of hdd's, they all brok for some reason must be too old. I did some folding for free internet back a while ago (6-7 yrs) and the program that ran killed my speed, this program is a nice peice of work for both linux and windows, no problems running anything, too bad more processes wern't like this
    Be AWARE: gramaticle/spelling errors will happen
    ReX Productions
    Current Web Project
    Join Project Honey Pot