First time to this forum, so I figured this was as good a place as any for a first post. I switched to Linux this week (SuSE 10.0 b4)

Windows chose Linux for me. Honestly. I chose Linux because all of the reasons for NOT using Linux evaporated. Why didn't I use Linux? Configures. Learning why something something had to be done a certain way, and why it was different from "Linux to Linux" as I called it (From distro to distro). Not being able to play the games I wanted.

But over timeI was sick of reconfiguring everything in Windows, reboots, reinstalls, licensing, insane costs, constantly having to learn why something didn't work with something else, and thus having to jump through asinine hoops every time I bought a new game or app.

Then it just hit me last week. "Wait a minute", I thought. "I hate to reconfigure things in Windows, but I'd have to do it in either OS (compilings), and Linux is more stable. Reinstalls in Windows are out of hand, but in Linux, I'd probably be reinstalling to find either a) the new verion of what I have, or b) a fun new distrobution. There is no licensing, like there is with Windows. Costs is how much I pay for the CD's they're on. And now my brother is playing all the games in Cadega, that I play in Windows (Guild Wars, WoW, MxO). Why am I not using Linux again?"

That, and the Validation Tool (Yet ANOTHER red-tape hoop that causes problems for some people who have legally bought the game) and M03.

So I began my search for a distrobution this week.