Flamed Within An Inch of my Life - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flamed Within An Inch of my Life

I can't help but wonder: What kind of a post do the people on that site respond posativly to? I can't imagine, but I think I'll go throw rocks at the bee's nest by posting one of my long political rants and see what happens.

Maybe I should top that with a post entirely writte in Swiss German.

Guet Nacht, ig go jetz go schloffe.

"What can be said at all can be said clearly, and what we cannot talk about we must pass over in silence."

Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus by Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951)

Just a guess here please correct me if Im wrong but it seems to me that I have heard the term beard being refered to as a person who pretends to be a boyfriend / husband, or girlfriend / wife of someone who is gay. Maybe they were saying that you were a linux geek poser.

Unhappy YIKES!

I found this little disturbing: someone at POE has linked to this thread. Should I have anticipated that ? How does someone follow me over here? I left a brief comment at the sister site (POE NEWS) about a weird sex cult story and that seemed to open a brand new floodgate of bile. Five comments left in the past twenty minutes.

http://www.poe-news.com/forums/sfs.p...1&fi=000048228

So it's more of the same tiresome Junior High vileness, only now they're mocking all of us. This time, I really do deserve it for going back there. I just hope they don't start posting in here, although I'm sure that the JL mods would shut them down in a hurry.

But if it gets ugly in here for a while, please accept my apologies for whatever role I played in bringing this about.

OK, how about locking this thread now?
    Linux user #367409

Re: YIKES!

Here's sometinh that someone nice left:
    The Dalai LLama
    ...Pro-Tip: calling someone a "beardo" is a way of mocking that person by implying that he is an immature child, growing his first patchy beard...you're welcome...
    Last edited by blackbelt_jones; 05-17-2005 at 11:34 PM.

Originally posted by infiniphunk
    OK, how about locking this thread now?
    Good idea.

Wow, that snowballed pretty quickly.

I'll admit, if I saw that post I would wonder if you were just advertising Knoppix at first, but the first thing "melonade" did was to imply that you're a pedophile? That seems excessive, since just asking "Why are you so into privacy?" would have gotten an answer without all the flaming.

Then you had to go and answer that post with a rational explanation. What were you thinking?!

I don't get melonade though, whoever it is seems to think that it's irrelevant if someone logs all your internet activity and records everything, provided you aren't doing anything wrong. Makes me wonder how much spyware is on his/her computer.

Anyway, it's all downhill from there.

Nice try promoting Knoppix, it's just too bad the wrong people found your post first.

Edit: Hahaha, I just saw your most recent post there. Well played, staying with a good sense of humor and taking the high ground.
    Last edited by Dancen; 05-17-2005 at 11:22 PM.

Thread locked upon request.

How do they get here? If they are not that stupid, keep their eyes open, and check their log files what domains redirected to them in the last 24h (everytime someone clicks blackbelt's link) then they know pretty fast where to go and check.

"What can be said at all can be said clearly, and what we cannot talk about we must pass over in silence."

Originally messaged by blackbelt_jones
    Someone in the POE News forum suggested that they traced me back through my blog, which contained a link to this thread. I put the address of the blog in my profile at POE, before I really knew what I was getting into.

If you have the time, you might want to add this post on to the end of the thread, as a cautionary tale.