Microsofts hacker fixing attempt failed. back when i did this kind of stuff(before i meant linux), I was able to pirate the software even after sp1 by hacking the reg to change the service code into one that i found on the internet and microsoft hadnt defined as a compromised service code because only the code was compromised--not the cd image. there are many of these codes that keep popping up on the web.

oh yah, mabye it owns the rights to MW AMERICAN language dictionary, but it cant get hold of the oxford english dictionary which has all the same and more words than the MW.
Rest not on the failures of MS to gain world domination, but rather, fear the idea that MS is trying...and will continue to try. It should concern all computer users that someone out there is hell-bent on revoking the freedoms of not only Linux users and those who use Open Source, but also it's own client base!

BTW: I was a beta-tester for Whistler, all the way up to XP RC2, and even though the activation process is easily thwarted, don't fool yourself. XP activation, in my opinion, is but a mere testing platform for even more restrictive things to come.