Main "Hating Microsoft in a nutshell" thread - Page 54

View Poll Results: Do you think making Linux and MS interactable (kinda) a good idea?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this is a great idea

3 27.27%
  • Yes, it's an ok idea

1 9.09%
  • It wouldn't hurt

3 27.27%
  • No, Linux should stick to Linux and Microsoft should stick to Microsoft

4 36.36%
  • Or just use CrossOver Office

0 0%
Page 54 of 76 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Thread: Main "Hating Microsoft in a nutshell" thread

Originally posted by lugoteehalt
    Hang on, what about the UK firm Inmos? [...] Their sort of parallel chip could outperform certainly my PC decades ago.
    Could it have outperformed on PRICE/performance? Even so, it's something of a moot point. If performance or price/performance were what drove success, we'd have been using at LEAST 68xxx Motorollas in PCs in the '80s, or something better.

PC Clones in the '80s sucked. They really sucked. Compared to Macs, Amigas, Atari STs, and all the rest, PC Clones were really primitive and hard to set up and maintain and fix...

All they really had going for them, especially early on, was the IBM name. Now, maybe IBM would have been still been stupid and not realized that the OS was the important thing, and they would have refused to sell DOS to PC Clone makers. That just means that the others like DR-DOS selling DOS clones would have gotten the opportunity to become more successful...

...until IBM wised up and released OS/2. In the absense of Microsoft, OS/2 would have taken the place of Windows 95 as the paradigm shifting PC Clone OS which finally made PC Clones catch up to Macs.
    Isaac Kuo, ICQ 29055726 or Yahoo mechdan

Originally posted by JohnT
    Sour Grapes
    Sour gross act of economic warfare.
    MI6, Offensive Information, Hackers, Encryption, UFO, AOL, Infowar, Bubba, benelux, Ufologico Nazionale, domestic disruption, 15kg, DUVDEVAN, debugging, Bluebird, Ionosphere, Keyhole, NABS, Kilderkin, Artichoke, Badger, spookwords, EuroFed, SP4, Crypto AG – a few, alleged, Echelon keywords. Please add some to your email signature. Full list: http://www.serendipity.li/cia/bz1.html
    http://www.nosoftwarepatents.com/

More evidence on how Microsoft does business.
    "Where Do You Want To Go Today?" "To the Courthouse, Sucka"

http://www.vnunet.com/news/1161918
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________
    Bigboogie on boogienights.net:
    Ammo case
    Asus 8N32 SLI MB
    AMD Athlon x2 3800+
    2 GB Patriot Signature 400 DDR
    160 GB Hitachi 7200 IDE
    2 x-250 Seagate SATA2
    EVGA Nvidia 7900GT
    Dell 2007WFP
    Logitech 5.1 speakers
    Logitech MX1000 mouse
    Dell USB keyboard
    NEC 3500 DVD-RW
    Benq 1655 DVD-RW

(God bless tax refunds)

Should have made them pay more. Like enough to make them go into bankruptcy and out of business.

Cruel ain't I??

My rig: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P mobo || AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz || ZALMAN CNPS10X Performa CPU cooler
    G.SKILL 16GB DDR3 PC3 12800 Memory || Nvidia GT-220 video card || LG W2253 Monitor
    HP Deskjet D4260 printer || LG GH22NS50B DVD R/W || WD1600AAJS & WD2502ABYS & Samsung HD753LJ & Seagate ST3000DM001 hard drives
    Cyberpower CP1350C UPS || Cooler Master HAF-932 Case

WARNING: Slow typer. Someone may answer the question while I'm trying to type it in. Oh, I type bad too.

What's wrong with XP

I'm not trying to stirr up a whole new discussion about operating systems but after trying to set up a Linux/Xp multiboot for 6 days I began to wonder
    why most people in the Linux forums try to make people believe that Linux is a better, safer, cheaper and more reliable operating system than Windows XP.
    In the last 10 years I've tried to install Linux 3 times and I've never been able to get everything (toutchpad, TV-card, etc) to work whilst under Windows 2000 or XP I had no problems.
    Imho Linux is free and Windows is expensive is bull**** cause every laptop I bought had Windows preinstalled and I couldn't get a discount for a working system without Windows.
    Altough I've been surfing and downloading like a madman I've never had a virus on my computer(I admit that Peter Norton has something to do with that)
    Linux is a multiuser system and I'm a solo kinda guy.
    On my XP system I can change 5 things without having to type my password 5 times or the root password witch(imagine the odds) is the same.
    I downloaded a puzzle game(affenspiel) and needed to google all sunday afternoon to find out how to execute it(what's wrong with doubleclicking)
    Ok maybe I'm a bit frustrated after spending so much time without any succes but seriously...... what's wrong with XP.

Nothing is wrong with XP. If you like it, just go ahead and keep using it.

Good bye.
    "Never ask the barber if you need a haircut."

Things could be worse...

YnJldHRfYnVydG9uXzgyQHlhaG9vLmNvbQ== (hidemyemail.net)

Use the MUTT Mailreader!

ditto.

See, that was easy.

The thing wronq with Windows isn't the OS, infact price wise it is dropping and you can even find it for under $100 whcih is cheaper than a Mandrake power pack, The problem is it is may buy a company that was started by a Guy who really has no fans in the Open Source world. He has done some very wrong things to get where he is today and that is whats wrong with it.
    Be AWARE: gramaticle/spelling errors will happen
    ReX Productions
    Current Web Project
    Join Project Honey Pot

yup....

M$ is the largest continuing criminal enterprise on the planet. They ruined a friends life with their lies and greed.
    If they all burn in hell for eternity I won't lose a minutes' sleep.
    Need help in realtime? Visit us at #linuxnewbie on irc.libera.chat

Few of us will do as much for our fellow man as he has done.
    --Andrew Morton on RMS

Re: yup....

Originally posted by bburton
    Nothing is wrong with XP. If you like it, just go ahead and keep using it.

Good bye.
    Glad to see some of us have sense enough not to feed the trolls.

Originally posted by je_fro
    M$ is the largest continuing criminal enterprise on the planet. They ruined a friends life with their lies and greed.
    If they all burn in hell for eternity I won't lose a minutes' sleep.
    C'mon je_fro, you know better lol...
    Last edited by eskiled; 03-15-2005 at 07:41 PM.

hey!

He sounded like a hungry troll to me.
    Need help in realtime? Visit us at #linuxnewbie on irc.libera.chat

Few of us will do as much for our fellow man as he has done.
    --Andrew Morton on RMS

Re: hey!

Originally posted by je_fro
    He sounded like a hungry troll to me.
    lmao