mp4

Thread: mp4

Hybrid View

mp4

To whom it may concern,

Can someone tell me what the format is for the video mp4 file that fits on the cellphone the LG V and the memory card used for this the minisd. I am using ffmpeg to make psp mp4 files, but the files are too big for the phone, I need to make them smaller? How should I proceed to make them smaller? Can someone give me the command line on how to make the files for the cellphone smaller, I believe all I have to do is alter the psp command for ffmpeg.The other title for the cellphone is VX9800

Assuming that mp4 you refer to is mpeg4 (I didn't go check),

Then what you really need to do is to reduce the size of the clip. 2 ways to acheive that -- to reduce the length of the clip, or to reduce the viewing size of the clip.

For embedded systems, I believe that they have "standard" sizes (= to size of screen, that is, and that also means different product == diff screen == diff "standard" size). So, the only way they will even play is to make it the size they will take. That means you have to find out the target size of the screen. I don't know how you'll get it, but most probably you can go check the specs, or maybe you record a video from it and check with mplayer/ffmpeg... Then, check out the ffmpeg manual/helpfiles and look for things related to resampling/size and you will get it.

To reduce the length of a clip, just read the manual... I'm not on linux now... (Sigh)
    Come under the reign of the Idiot King...
    Come to me ... I love linux!

Registered Linux user: Idiot King #350544

http://www.zs4.net/
    zs4 will help you convert video to use on a PSP
    also the resolution should be 320x240 (the size of the PSP display)

the screen size is 320 x 256 (at least thats what i could find in a google); is there a way he could downsample the image or does that only work for audio files
    Somethings are but lost
    to the times of ones conscience

Til our paths cross again.

It would need to be re-encoded with a smaller size/quality, I don't know of any other way to just 'make it smaller', but I think that's what you meant by downsample anyway