Moderator of the Month

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moderator of the Month

Thumbs up Moderator of the Month

Hello, and welcome to the FIRST ever Moderator of the Month Awards. Here you can show your appreciation for these selfless and ever-helping guys by casting your vote. The winning individual will be Moderator of the Month for the January 2007!

The winner will (hopefully) receive a feeling of knowing how grateful we are to him.

(As far as an actual prize, there isn't one. If someone would like to donate a $25 redlobster certificate or something, that would be cool.)

Irregardless of who wins, thank you to all the Mods, you do excellent work.

http://posd.pollhost.com/

PS.
    You may vote for more than one Moderator. Voting ends Jan 1.

Damn... they are all good....
    Can I just don't vote?
    Come under the reign of the Idiot King...
    Come to me ... I love linux!

Registered Linux user: Idiot King #350544

Although I voted but I think it isn't fair. Some moderators have a huge depth of knowledge, some are enthusiastically helpful, some could be excellent but not operating in the subforums of interrest to me....

Personally I think they are all doing a remarkable job and make us proud to be a member of JL which stands out as a quality source of information for Linux.

Don't take my word for it. Just compare with the amount of rubbish, unrelated information, confusions and misinformation you get in other forums with JL.
    Linux user started Jun 2004 - No. 361921
    Using a Linux live CD to clone XP
    To install Linux and keep Windows MBR untouched
    Adding extra Linux & Doing it in a lazy way
    A Grub menu booting 100+ systems & A "Howto" to install and boot 145 systems
    Just cloning tips Just booting tips A collection of booting tips

Judge asked Linux "You are being charged murdering Windoze by stabbing its heart with a weapon, what was it?" Replied Linux "A Live CD"

People's Republic of North America (Former United States)
    I have to agree with saikee. I've never had a bad experience with any of the Mods. On the contrary, I think they are all great. I'd vote but in all fairness, I just can't single one out.
    I equivocate, therefore I might be.

My Linux/Unix Boxes:
    Home: Slackware 10, CentOS 5.3, RHEL 5, Ubuntu Workstation 9.10, Work: RHEL 5, CentOS 5

This moderator hasn't been around enough to know who the moderator of the month is...

Need to stay away from all these little projects that keep eating my free time...Zelda on my new Wii is not going to help though.

Looks like jeff has sort of fan club hanging around.

I voted everyone in fairness. Here's so many friendly/knowledgeable moderators and I haven't really noticed any bad ones.
    ladoga

The moderators make or break a forum. Back in 1999, this forum had many complaints about moderators, but in recent years, they have seemed to do a great job. There aren't many forums that can say that.

Someone voted for me and it wasn't me!

Lucky for us this wasn't done after the "the great newbie migration"

You know...there is a poll option on the forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus
    True, and believe me I would have MUCH, MUCH, MUCH rather used the forum poll (because it literally took me about an hour to find a decent pollsite). But the forum polls here only allow 10 options, and there are 12 moderators.

I would've made a post suggesting an increase in the poll options, but we were already a week into December, and I hate how long those debates can go on for (and how they sometimes get turned down for [IMO] stupid reasons). Though, perhaps now would be a good time to suggest a increase on the limit of poll options. Personally, I don't think there should be a limit at all. If the forum members think the poll is stupid/outrageous, then they don't have to vote. It's just that simple.

(If a minimum is required, then I propose 100.)

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus
    Yes, but it allows only 10 items...
    Slackware current (Dell Latitude D610)
    CentOS 5.2 (Servers)
    Registered Linux User # 375030

Quote Originally Posted by Sepero
    (because it literally took me about an hour to find a decent pollsite)
    Hmm, I guess that's a true proof of your appreciation. Thanks a lot.

However, I often think that the moderators' role is greatly overstimated. Sure, in our modern time, time is money and we are doing this for free (I am still waiting for my T-shirt ) but my workload is extremely low - and this is because we have a great userbase. Often I arrive at a thread just to observe that a senior poster is helping a newbie along with the posting guidelines or sharing some indepth knowledge about Linux that just leaves me "wow". We can just provide the framework, but it's you guys who make it living. In other words, we'd need a "User of the month" poll and yes, it would exceed the 10 items possible, too.

I for my part am just busy with cleaning out the spam and helping newbies in the morning hours while you guys in the US have your well deserved sleep. More complex problems are gratefully being left alone until the cavalry arrives again.

"What can be said at all can be said clearly, and what we cannot talk about we must pass over in silence."

Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus by Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951)

Quote Originally Posted by Sepero
    But the forum polls here only allow 10 options, and there are 12 moderators.
    Details!
    Speaking of, has anyone seen hard candy in the last 6 months?
    And ions hasn't posted since in longer then him
    There, 10

AFAIK Hard Candy has recently moved home, his DSL has only recently been put into his new place and his work is going mad.... havent chatted to him in about a month now ... very sad... and seems like his brother isn't interested in helping either!!
    Feel free to PM me for help

Using PCLinuxos 2007 on my laptop and 2009 on my Desktop and proud of it!

Desktop:
    AMD Phenom II x2 545 3GB DDR2 RAM 500GB SATA,250GB SATA, 250GB IDE, ATI Radeon HD 4870 512 DDR3
    Laptop:
    Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 (2.2) 2GB RAM, 160GB Sata HDD, nVidia 8600GM 512MB

Please come back and tell us if your problem is solved, it may help others, and stop us from wondering what happened.

Speaking of, has anyone seen hard candy in the last 6 months?
    And ions hasn't posted since in longer then him
    There, 10
    I was wondering the same thing about hard candy, I just figured He got another lady friend. as for ions, I talked to him about a week or two ago on linuxn00b, getting some advice on a LCD monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by leonpmu
    and seems like his brother isn't interested in helping either!!
    If we had BonBon mod this place, all other moderators could retire.

"What can be said at all can be said clearly, and what we cannot talk about we must pass over in silence."

Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus by Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951)