How to install and boot 145 operating systems in a PC

Thread: How to install and boot 145 operating systems in a PC

Threaded View

薛一琦 ,

Welcome to JustLinux.

I hope you would excuse me not replying your question in Chinese. Possibly because 3 out of the 145 systems were "sourced" from China I notice the current thread has been translated into Chinese in one of the web site.

Yes the installations did take time but since Linux can be moved from partition to partition and hard disk to hard disk so a system once installed takes no more time.

At the later stage I started to install the iso file directly from the hard disk and the fast time I clocked is 6 minutes for installing Sidux. A modern Linux generally takes less than 15 minutes to install.

I do hellp others on booting problems. The large number generally covers whatever systems a member would have so it is reassuring to him/her that at least "one" solution is readily available.

The threads does have some unusual features, like having a Grub manual before installing the systems, there is no operating system controlling the Grub in the MBR (so every system can alter it), that every system is booted identically regardless of operation type, etc.

At a personal level finding a way to write a "howto" install and boot 145 systems and able to keep it even simpler than installing 2 or 3 systems is not easy. Also as a Linux users, and a beliver in the principle in open source, trying out distros from 39 countries is an experience, especially dealing with a foreign installer. I survived only by the common knowledge I have in Linux and after installation to alter the language and keyboard back to English and UK. Thus the time I spent has been worthwile to me, especially for the appreciation of Linux as an international operating system. It is one of the rare things in life the people in different countries and in different religions can work together and have something in common and in agreement.
    Last edited by saikee; 09-19-2007 at 05:21 AM.
    Linux user started Jun 2004 - No. 361921
    Using a Linux live CD to clone XP
    To install Linux and keep Windows MBR untouched
    Adding extra Linux & Doing it in a lazy way
    A Grub menu booting 100+ systems & A "Howto" to install and boot 145 systems
    Just cloning tips Just booting tips A collection of booting tips

Judge asked Linux "You are being charged murdering Windoze by stabbing its heart with a weapon, what was it?" Replied Linux "A Live CD"