I have to apologize for not posting back regarding my issue. I was working on this off and on over a few weeks when I had the spare time and I just plain forgot to come back and post my results after more testing. Now today I figured I would be using this cloning method on another system over this weekend and a light bulb went off in my head thinking that I never posted back. I hate it when people do that!

In regards to my issue the problems I was experiencing with not being able to perform any management tasks with the hard drive in Windows was indeed a problem with the Windows installation prior to doing the cloning. I have no idea what caused it in the first place (it wasn't my system; it was a past employees) but I didn't notice it prior to doing the cloning and I just assumed it was an issue with the cloning process. After trying this on two other systems and not having any issues at all I went back to inspect the first one and sure enough all of the problems existed in the original installation.

Sorry and thanks again for great information on the cloning process!