Flicker While Booting from FC10 LIVE

Thread: Flicker While Booting from FC10 LIVE

Flicker While Booting from FC10 LIVE

I am getting a flicker when FC10 Live boots and then it just freezes. I am guessing that the video driver which is loaded when X starts is not the right one I have an nVidia GForce 7025. I have an How I can solve this?

Try using other drivers like "vesa".

You can boot up any Live CD, mount the FC10 partition and edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf yourself.
    Linux user started Jun 2004 - No. 361921
    Using a Linux live CD to clone XP
    To install Linux and keep Windows MBR untouched
    Adding extra Linux & Doing it in a lazy way
    A Grub menu booting 100+ systems & A "Howto" to install and boot 145 systems
    Just cloning tips Just booting tips A collection of booting tips

Judge asked Linux "You are being charged murdering Windoze by stabbing its heart with a weapon, what was it?" Replied Linux "A Live CD"

Thanks for your help.

I am new to using live CD's. Could you please explain how I could go about booting and then mounting the partition to edit the file.

If you boot up a Live CD the Linux is run on the CD and does not use your hard disk.

Slax is possibly the best Live CD option for you as it mounts all your partitions automatically. It even allows you to edit the file in the desktop with editor "Kwrite". Thus you can use the file manager in the desktop to find out the FC10 partition and the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf and open it with Kwrite. You can paste the output of the X configuration file /etc/X11/xorg.conf here if you are unsure where to edit. Generally it is self evident when you read the file.

The only thing I am not sure is if you have installed FC10 in a LVM then I am not sure if Slax is equipped with the LVM driver to read/write it.

I assume you have installed FC10 Live. If you have not then try another Live CD. I think I have installed FC10 Live in one of my PCs too.
    Last edited by saikee; 02-09-2009 at 09:23 PM.

Judge asked Linux "You are being charged murdering Windoze by stabbing its heart with a weapon, what was it?" Replied Linux "A Live CD"

I mounted the CD but there is not /etc dir for me get into and edit. Can I pass options to the kernel at boot the specify video drivers?

I think the option is listed in F1 or originating it. Look for the choice of safe mode.

In Ubuntu one can add "xforcevesa" to force the Linux to activate the vesa driver instead of the one detected by the OS. I haven't had a need to find it from Fedora.
    Last edited by saikee; 02-09-2009 at 09:50 PM.