mod music files to mp3

Thread: mod music files to mp3

mod music files to mp3

I'm trying to convert my mod files to mp3, so that I can put on to an iPod.

I used the mod2mp3.py script (Instructions here) and installed xmp and adplug that it relied on using yum install xmp and yum install adplug.

However, it produces mp3s that only contain noise and hissing.

Can anyone help? Does anyone know of another working way to convert mod files to mp3, or perhaps to aac?

Can mplayer play it? if it can then mencoder can convert it. I'd go down that route.
    but really, i dont know what im talking about.

dos mod player for Linux? Here

http://www.powderpa.net/2008/04/old-...born-in-linux/

Claims to play mod files. Also lists an archive of mod files.

I tried, as instructed, sudo apt-get install opencubicplayer

and it definitely is available for Kubuntu 7.04. To run use command ocp at terminal.

Not sure if this can help. For example, with aumix and arecord can you pick it off as .wav files?

Oops, it said it would get them, but URL's not found.

I will try another distro.

Problems with my system, but ocp works.

kubuntu 8.04 had them all. I downloaded all the stuff suggested, and then downloaded a mod file. I played it once, and it came out on my speaker.

I then turned on aumix, and set up arecord, and no sound. Not anywhere, I rebooted and tried to run ocp, and still no sound.

Yet, it looked like ocp worked the first time..

My computer does make sound from other functions such as firefox. Also, if I use my file browser and connect to my mp3 storage on another partition, it works. So my guess is something is wrong in arecord or aumix in Kubuntu 8.04. Do not waste time on my problem.

But, you can try it on yours, with ocp, them if it works, try aumix and arecord. I am not sure if they conflict with ocp or not.

The computer itself generally works.

mod music files to mp3 - mplayer doesn't work

Thanks.
    I can't get mplayer to work though. I run the following command...
    Code:
    mplayer ACityAtNight.mod -ao pcm:file ACityAtNight.wav -vc dummy -vo null
    ...and I get the following error...
    Code:
    MPlayer dev-SVN-r27468-4.1.2 (C) 2000-2008 MPlayer Team
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU    Q6600  @ 2.40GHz (Family: 6, Model: 15, Stepping: 11)
    CPUflags:  MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 1
    Compiled with runtime CPU detection.
    mplayer: could not connect to socket
    mplayer: No such file or directory
    Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote control.

Playing ACityAtNight.mod.

Playing ACityAtNight.wav.
    File not found: 'ACityAtNight.wav'
    Failed to open ACityAtNight.wav.

Exiting... (End of file)
    Am using Fedora 8.

BTW. If related, package lirc-0.8.3-2.fc8.i386 is already installed and is latest version.

Timidity?

I just worked on my CentOs machine to convert some MIDI files to .wav, using Timidity on a wild card to convert all 39 at one command, then burned my wife a CD of Irish music.

I noted in the man Timidity that Timidity claims to take mod files as in input, which I have not actually tried. And, as I learned, it will output .wav files with Ow option.

That then brings up the question whether one could pipe the output to LAME and produce those MP3 files. I am not saying so; only asking?

I also have this command in my command file:

b. arecord -f cd -t raw | lame -x - filename.mp3 (to make mp3)

I think at one time I had a distro set up and that actually worked, but with a different distro, I think lame wouldn't do its part.

Also: f. To convert .wav to .mp3, run: lame filename.wav filename.mp3

if you need to do it step at a time. On older distros, sometimes the repostories don't seem to be available for downloads such as Lame, which is why I am trying to set up CentOs with allegedly longer support periods.

Sorry to bother you sir, but it seems that you know well about MOD audio file and MP3. In fact, I have a related question and want to ask you about it, may I. I want to convert XM to MP3 with this XM converter as you can see "http://www.videoconverterfactory.com...converter.html". It mentions that it is capable of reducing audio file size. But I have no idea why, after conversion to mp3, the XM file gets a little bit bigger than the original one. I do not have much space in my iPad player.