Virus {JS:ScriptSH-inf[Trj}} Removal

Thread: Virus {JS:ScriptSH-inf[Trj}} Removal

Virus {JS:ScriptSH-inf[Trj}} Removal

Running 8.04 with AVAST! anti-virus. Scan found [JS:ScriptSH-inf[Trj] in file /var/lib/clamav/daily-inc/daily.nbh. Normal removal via AVAST! failed. How do I remove it? Do I re-install ClamAV? - Thanks -patrickgpg [A Newbie!]

Exact same post as on linuxquestions
    I agree with them though, it's likely a false positive since it's the database for another AV software. Although, I don't have that file with my install of calmav (gentoo).
    The Livecd option is probably the best to go so you can be sure to get a clean scan. You might also want to update your definitions for Avast and tr running the scan again, it might have been corrected.

There's always "rm /var/lib/clamav/daily-inc/daily.nbh"

just pickin on ya....

really im just sitting around watching my kiddos but I couldnt help but wonder, you are running 8.0.4 (what)?

and out of just pure meanness why are you running antivirus on a linux box? I am assuming you have a MS partition? or a server that serves microsoft users?
    registered Linux user number 371609

SaBaYoN LiNuX DoWnLoAd NoW

Zip Ties = Reef Duck Tape

If guns kill people, then...

Pencils mis-speel...
    Cars make people drive drunk...
    Spoons make people fat...

That's why I use an AV, to occasionally scan my Windows partition and also my .wine folder.
    And there are Linux viruses, you just don't hear about them because they don't infect 10 million people at once and spam the world with emails. Also most viruses need root to do any real damage and unless you're running wild on your system as root that's not likely to happen.