How can i use windows devices with Linux?

Thread: How can i use windows devices with Linux?

Question How can i use windows devices with Linux?

Hey people,
    I have this small belkin usb wirless reciever witch i need in order to transmit. I believe these are sometimes called dongles? It's desinged to work with windows, but i need to use it in ubuntu. How can i do this? Do i need to like 'mount' it or something? Im not really a linux person. Also, my computer sucks so I would rather not have to install a partition, i usually use a disk.
    Thankyou very much in advance for your assistance.

www.google.com/linux is always a good place to look. I found THIS that may help.

I assume you are talking about a USB wireless adapter used to connect to a router. Part number will help but the output of the lspci command as shown in the provided link will help us determine the chipset. Once we know the chipset we can help you setup the driver and how to connect to your network.

I have had no problem with a sprint and a t-mobile USB dongle (not sure of the model numbers). Plug it in, open network control center, it may well show up and you configure from there. Otherwise, model number and type, carrier, all the details are required.

hlrguy
    Were you a Windows expert the VERY first time you looked at a computer with Windows, or did it take a little time.....
    My Linux Blog
    Linux Native Replacements for Windows Programs
    Mandriva One on a "Vista Home Barely" T3640 E-Machine runs great.

thanks for the assistance people, i havnt got round to inmplication he advice yet.