My last post here was about my new Lenovo "netbook" (http://justlinux.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153955) and at the time I decided to stick with a Windows installation.

I installed fresh copies of Windows 7 and drivers and such, and everything from a technical point of view is working "OK"....Netflix, HD video playback, etc...all work as expected.

I've even installed Steam so I can play "Portal".

I did install 8gigs of RAM which is really a massive amount of memory for such a small device.

With the RAM, however, I can run Virtual Box and I do have a few Linux virtual machines running.

All that said, I totally miss Linux!

I don't Netflix nearly that much on this, so that doesn't matter.

I don't have a source for HD videos.

I've finished "Portal", and "Portal II".

I think that simply over time, I don't trust Windows. For some reason lately, Firefox takes over 1 minute to even start. VLC crashes on certain videos and even when it doesn't, it too takes a significantly long time to start.

I miss apt-get.

I miss being different.

I miss the always there, always working, always reliable command line.

I honestly think "Windows Explorer" (not Internet Explorer) is broken.

There are some features I like in Windows 7, but having multiple workspaces on such a small screen is almost mandatory, and still not inherent to Windows.

I'm not sure where this post is headed...I just wanted to share and hope you'll take me back and forgive me for cheating on you.

I have other drives and when I get back home on Tuesday, I am installing Linux!