ASUS MB that support Virtualization

Thread: ASUS MB that support Virtualization

Question ASUS MB that support Virtualization

Help, looking for an example of an ASUS Motherboard that is an Intel socket 775 that supports IntelĀ® Virtualization Technology (VT-x). I am trying to great a test machine for my RHCSA exam. Any examples would be appreciated.

Thanx in advance.

I believe almost all of them do (since it's more the CPU than MB)? I had a ASUS 680i board that had VT-x, and that board should be out of print by now. Assuming the newer ones wouldn't strip that tech.

Found a relatively inexpensive ASUS board here.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by trilarian View Post
    I believe almost all of them do (since it's more the CPU than MB)? I had a ASUS 680i board that had VT-x, and that board should be out of print by now. Assuming the newer ones wouldn't strip that tech.

Found a relatively inexpensive ASUS board here.
    Thanks for the heads up. BTW, what type of chip do you have??? I have a Pentium Dual Core E6700. It's supposed to support VT-x technology. As long as I can create vms using KVM, then I am all good.
    Last edited by robdog; 03-19-2012 at 09:48 PM.

Don't remember off the top of my head what chip it was when I had that board. I know it was a quad core. I passed it on to my girlfriend as an excuse to buy upgrades without getting the evil stare.

I'm running a i7 950 OC'd at 4.2GHz (Socket 1366 LGA). Sadly it is mostly folding. Though, by itself it is pushing 20k PPD (which seems to have made dkeav try and push more out, but still gonna beat ya in 3 days!!). VT-x works fine on this chip as has most of the chips released in the last 5 years or so.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain