Hello,

I am new to Linux and don't know very much about it. I am hoping this forum can show me the way to get started !

Here are my requirements:

We are challenged to create an electronics board with the minimal electronics hardware requirements as possible which will be able to run an off-the-shelf OS such as Linux.

Here are the specs:
I require an evaluation board that provides a "get started" manual on linux. The vendor should also provide the schematics of the board for re-production purposes. The evaluation board should have the least features possible... here they are:

1) An MCU that can run Linux?
2) The minimal ram/rom/flash memory required to properly run a minimal version of Linux.
The memory should allow for storage and display of 1000 icons of various sizes and 100 pictures.
3) An LCD controller with the suggested LCD part number that can sucessfully be interfaced
4) A touch screen controller !
5) And any other Integrated IC chip components that might be required to run a miimal version of Linux.

The Linux image must have the ability to do the following:

1) Provide the drivers to operate some color LDC TFT screens (one at a time) from sizes of 1.5" to 4.0"
The preference of LCD pixel depth resolutions are 16 to 24 bits per pixel
2) Provide the necessary API’s for reading touch screen
3) Possess some sort of data basing functionality to store/retrieve records from flash
4) Allow access to it’s discrete I/O pins on the CPU itself (if possible)
5) Allow access to it’s DAC/ADC I/O pins on the CPU itself (if possible)
6) Allow access to USB, I2C, PWM, RS232 on the CPU itself (If possible)
7) Have the capability to display text, icons, pics and a multitude of controls
such as drop down boxes, list boxes, buttons etc...

Information that would be appreciated:
1) Name of a kit that fits the above description
2) The vendors which provide decent tutorials and manuals to get up and running.

Thanks