Question

Thread: Question

Question Question

Hi! I'm new here and I have a question about a cluster with Rocks, but I don't know where to ask .. can someone guide me?

Depending on the question, it might go in Installation, or Technical, or Networking maybe.

You can also do a search for Rocks Clusters here. I think I even asked some questions about that a few years ago, although I never followed through with it.
    -------------
    Folding is Fun

I thought I made a mistake once, but, of course, I was mistaken.

I was just thinking back... I had thought about using Rocks Clusters to cluster a few older computers together to make a folding@home machine. I don't recall all of the details, but somehow 'they' convinced me that the whole folding system was like a big cluster and it didn't support clustering clusters... or something goofy like that.

I was thinking, well, I'm just trying to cluster these computers together and then the folding system should only see it as one computer... but... I never got anywhere with it.

Also, some people argued that clustering is a bit of a moot point these days with the low cost and high power of current systems.

Anyway, that's just what I remember.
    -------------
    Folding is Fun

I thought I made a mistake once, but, of course, I was mistaken.