Linux on a tablet PC?

Thread: Linux on a tablet PC?

Linux on a tablet PC?

Greetings!

I'm thinking of switching my laptop to Linux, as Vista just bogs the poor thing down. The catch is, the laptop is a tablet PC, and I really like the the pen interface for some of the things I do. I've used a lot of OSes over the years, so I'm not worried about finding an interface I can work with so much as a Linux version that works with my current rig.

Does any one know where I can find info on hardware compatibility and accessibility for various Linux flavors without having to download a million live CDs? I'd love to keep the tablet functionality, but upgrade to a more efficient OS.

Thanks a ton!

Give us some more information about your hardware setup.
    "I was pulled over for speeding today. The officer said, "Don't you know
    the speed limit is 55 miles an hour?" And I said, "Yes, but I wasn't going
    to be out that long."

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
    COME VISIT ME IN RUSSIA NOW!!

Grev,

Welcome to Justlinux!

Try Ubuntu. If there is a hardware problem there is a big community to ask. You don't have to install it. Just run it as a Live CD to check everything out to your satisfaction first.

Moreover You can install Ubuntu inside a MS Windows too, acting like a virtual system but without a virtual machine manager.
    Linux user started Jun 2004 - No. 361921
    Using a Linux live CD to clone XP
    To install Linux and keep Windows MBR untouched
    Adding extra Linux & Doing it in a lazy way
    A Grub menu booting 100+ systems & A "Howto" to install and boot 145 systems
    Just cloning tips Just booting tips A collection of booting tips

Judge asked Linux "You are being charged murdering Windoze by stabbing its heart with a weapon, what was it?" Replied Linux "A Live CD"

I have a reasonable experience with a Thinkpad X61 or X220 "Tablet PC".
    It is not load and go. There is a tinker factor.
    The 12.04 (April 2012) edition of Ubuntu seems to have a good reputation so I will be going there shortly. I currently run Linux Mint-12 (based on Ubuntu 11.10) with Cinnamon Desktop. I'm told that 12.04 is worth the effort to update.

Keep us informed,
    ~~~ 0;-Dan