what are everyones favourite FPS?

Thread: what are everyones favourite FPS?

Hybrid View

what are everyones favourite FPS?

linux native of course.

mine is assault cube- http://assault.cubers.net/
    am totaly obsessed with AC and love the fact its one of the few that was built on an independant engine that isnt quake IIIs.

superb graphics on the netbook x laptop of mine [a acer ferrari one] and dads nearly fossilised pc,superb addictive play,had bought a decent gaming mouse just to play this.
    the bro in law was quite critical of it though saying it looks really outdated and woudnt stop whingeing about the looks,he is used to all the latest CODs and whatever-he doesnt understand that it was deliberately made to be balanced in graphics so that it coud be accessible by the majority of us whom unfortunately dont have wads of cash to buy our dream mega rigs.

another favourite of mine though not played as much is open arena-
    www.openarena.ws
    based on the quake III engine and stays very true to it,which as a old quake III player feels awesome.

the likes of urban terror and tremulous woud be on the list if they had bots on offer,am a rubbish player due to having difficulties with processing information and tracking movement fast enough-so will never play online against others,being severely disabled find it easy enough to be insulted with 'retard' and 'gay' without having to go on a server to get it.

there are so many quality big linux games,people who say we dont have any need a pair of glasses.

There are bots for UT ...

That said, I still play old school original Quake, as well as UT

I used to love FPS growing up (original Doom, Quake, Wolfenstein, Duke Nukem, etc. - yea some aren't native), but I lost interest a long time ago. I'm still on the mindset that games should flow like an interactive book more than reactionary button mashing - so tend to stick to RPGs. I finally ventured into the MMO world with EVE Online - a mix from it being in space and not having levels to grind. It's not Linux native, but works fine under Wine. It was officially supported for awhile, until population numbers dropped.

Don't have the time to play as much these days. Usually my play time peaks at the heart of summer as I last about 10 minutes outside when its 110+.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Suppose it is worth mentioning, but there is another bundle deal going from Humble Indie Bundle for another 2 weeks (Linux native ports, pay what you want, dictate how much goes to developers or charity, etc).

I always like seeing Linux being at the top of how much paid per bundle.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Call of duty!