TESTING - New Upgrade Issues - Report Here - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TESTING - New Upgrade Issues - Report Here

The white text on the dark background looks good.
    The timestamps seem to be white text on a white background just above your name. Just need to make that text some other color besides white. That will show the post # also, which is white on white all the way over to the right.
    Thanks . . .
    -------------
    Folding is Fun

I thought I made a mistake once, but, of course, I was mistaken.

The timestamp line color was changed today.

Looking good.
    -------------
    Folding is Fun

I thought I made a mistake once, but, of course, I was mistaken.

Can we get a 'Latest Topics' back, say under the LinuxToday box? Since this forum isn't as lively as years past, I put more time between coming back here. That box was great for catching up.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Have you tried the "What's New" tab or the New Posts link?

Yes, but it only shows you replies to post you have made an entry to since the last time you logged in. If I come back after 2 weeks I'd like to see all the post that have had activity in that span - like the Latest Topics used too. It kept x amount of most recent, even if the last few were months old on slow points. Exact behavior doesn't need to be mimic, but being able to quickly see which post are active and how many responses were nice. Easy way to try and help people when you see a topic you know and 0 responses vs having to go through every header.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

I'll ask the IT people about it... I always click the "Mark Forums Read" link as I'm leaving. Then when I come back I can easily see which forums have new posts/threads.

Top bar on front page still unreadable.

On Chrome. Unless I highlight it. It's a dark gray background with just a slightly lighter text.

This one...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Good catch...That's a pretty important page that people need to be able to read..

Reported.

Steve,

It can be frustrating to lose the work during the time limit imposed by the forum for posting. This can happen to a long post or a slow typing member.

A minimum arrangement, as provided by some others, is to allow the user to click the "Go Advance" and re-log in against. Thereafter by clicking the back arrow to re-capture the previous page and re-submit the post successfully.

I notice the "auto saved" warning flashed up 4 to 5 times during my reply so may be this has been put right.

edited----------------------

Yes. It works OK now, as far as I can tell.
    Linux user started Jun 2004 - No. 361921
    Using a Linux live CD to clone XP
    To install Linux and keep Windows MBR untouched
    Adding extra Linux & Doing it in a lazy way
    A Grub menu booting 100+ systems & A "Howto" to install and boot 145 systems
    Just cloning tips Just booting tips A collection of booting tips

Judge asked Linux "You are being charged murdering Windoze by stabbing its heart with a weapon, what was it?" Replied Linux "A Live CD"

Quote Originally Posted by steve r jones View Post
    good catch...that's a pretty important page that people need to be able to read..

Reported.
    fixed.