Login on Linuxmint

Thread: Login on Linuxmint

Hybrid View

Login on Linuxmint

I have just changed to Mint after using Ubuntu for a few years because I just get along with Unity and couldn't find my way around at all. The only thing I miss from Ubuntu12.04 is the login screen which gives a list of accounts that are on the computer and you can move up and down with the arrows buttons. I was wondering what it was called and whether I could download it into Mint.

Thanks

Go to "control center" and then "login window" - you'll need to authenticate. BUt on teh users tab there is a checkbox to include all users from the /etc/passwd file. Checked by default on my install of Mint.

Thanks for your reply. That is exactly what mine says, the include is greyed out and the exclude says "Nobody".

I just tried unchecking it and added a few users but no difference. Just the one empty box with user on it.

Maybe a stupid question of mine: how many accounts have you actually made? If you have only one account made, will explain the include box to be greyed out.

Not a stupid question. Thanks for replying.
    I've got six. Me, "another" for guests, son, grandson and 2 friends. Each with their own wallpapers, bookmarks etc.
    I wondered if it was the version I'm using 13 and there is a 13.1 but I can't test it from the CD because I can't set up all the accounts without installing it. Can I?

I think you can. The thing with Linux Live-cd's is that your results are not saved. But you can try.