I do not need partitioning help, nor installing help as such. Howver, I do have one question on installing SuSe 12.2 dual boot on a Windows 7 HP 2000-369WM laptop.

This 500GB HD has Windows 7, as I said. Normally, I use a live CD, then install gparted if it is not on the CD. then, I shrink the main partition to make room for the other partitions as desired. I have done this a number of times. Dual boot since 1999. No problem there.

But, here is my concern. Normally, on gparted, the recovery and so forth are at the left on the HD.

On this machine, they are way out to the right side at the end of a 447GB partition I want to divide. That is, OS, then 447GB mostly empty, prime for other distros, then the recovery and hptools partitions at the end.

So, my question is, will I mess things up if I make smaller partitions to the left (I assume first on HD) before the HPTOOLS and RECOVERY PARTITION?

Or should I move the recovery and hptools partitions left, thus leaving my partitions above the Win 7 HPTOOLS and RECOVERY partitions?

Or, maybe there is no worry what I do?

I have never seen this before. Thanks for any help. I am going to do an image backup on DVD before I do anything, just in case.

I haven't been on in quite a while because I had no questions for quite a while. Google fixes most issues these days.