Hi all,

Host Ubuntu 12.04 desktop 64bit
VM Ubuntu 12.04 server 64bit
Virtualizer Oracle VirtualBox

I followed;
Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier, MySQL And SquirrelMail (Ubuntu 12.10)
http://www.howtoforge.com/virtual-us...l-ubuntu-12.10

installing the LAMP server on the VM running remote installation on the host terminal vis ssh. It worked without problem. After having finished "1 Preliminary Note" I took a break with the PC switched off.

After the break I started the PC and the server on the VM. Unfortunately I forgot to run;
$ ssh user@192.168.0.101
on the host terminal to login on the server.

Then I followed "2 Install Postfix, Courier, Saslauthd, MySQL, phpMyAdmin" installing;
Code:
$ sudo apt-get install postfix postfix-mysql postfix-doc mysql-client mysql-server courier-authdaemon courier-authlib-mysql courier-pop courier-pop-ssl courier-imap courier-imap-ssl libsasl2-2 libsasl2-modules libsasl2-modules-sql sasl2-bin libpam-mysql openssl phpmyadmin apache2 libapache2-mod-php5 php5 php5-mysql libpam-smbpass
installing those packages on the host terminal and finished up to "4 Create The MySQL Database For Postfix/Courier".

Then I realised having made this mistake installing those packages on the host. I started removing the installed packages on host terminal by;

1)
$ apt-get remove postfix
(no problem)

2)
$ sudo apt-get phpmyadmin apache2 libapache2-mod-php5 php5 php5-mysql
(also no problem)

3)
IIRC on running;
$ sudo apt-get openssl

I was NOT allowed to remove it, suggesting to run "autoremove"

On running;
$ sudo apt-get autoremove openssl
Suddenly I saw it starting removing GNOME packages.

I could not stop the action even with the terminal closed.

I switched to F3 (Text Mode) and rebooted PC. But I could not started the host, warning low graphic.

I think I could start rescue mode dropping to shell. Please help how to rescue this PC. There are about 20 VMs running on this box.

TIA

B.R.
satimis