How to convert pdf to word or PPT?

Thread: How to convert pdf to word or PPT?

Hybrid View

How to convert pdf to word or PPT?

I've bought a pdf format ebook and would like to quote some sections to make a word or PPT presentation for my teaching class, buy somehow I can only copy text but not the charts and photos which are the most important things.So how can I convert the pdf ebook to word or PPT document without changing the original layouts? Can Adobe do that?Or any other software?

Don't understand the question.

What's wrong of taking a screen shot, save as an image format and add it to PPT? It is just a snipping a screen display.

Think one can save the entire pdf page as an image file too if that is what you want.
    Linux user started Jun 2004 - No. 361921
    Using a Linux live CD to clone XP
    To install Linux and keep Windows MBR untouched
    Adding extra Linux & Doing it in a lazy way
    A Grub menu booting 100+ systems & A "Howto" to install and boot 145 systems
    Just cloning tips Just booting tips A collection of booting tips

Judge asked Linux "You are being charged murdering Windoze by stabbing its heart with a weapon, what was it?" Replied Linux "A Live CD"

Yeah I remember Adobe does have a professional converter can do that, but it cost a lot of money.You won't have to convert the pdf file.You can copy the text you want to your word or ppt file for further editing.As for the charts and photos, you can capture from the computer's screen and then put it into your file.In that way you can easily make your own word/ppt.
    But if you still want to convert the file, you can refer to the following articles:
    How to convert PDF to Word
    How to convert PDF to PowerPoint

You can download a tool for converting PDF files to Word from http://www.freepdftowordconverter.net/. This tool is able to convert password protected pdf files also and maintains the original formatting of the document.

Try Abiword and Gnumeric/
    I haven't tried to import into the latter, but abiword is versatile when it comes to PDF.
    PHP Code:
    apt-get update && apt-get install abiword 

I think all you need is to convert pdf files to MS-word files without losing any original elements.if it is soo, go for a look at free PDF convertor.wish that it can help

hey man
    i have actually been searching for a pdf to word converter for a while... but its very expensive and complicated process :/
    which means that the free ones arent very good :P
    nevertheless , as you say you only need to copy some sections, and for this i recommend you use one of the free sites, ive tried http://pdftoword.pro/ which is ok for converting plain text
    then you may copy it and use it
    regards

FileWiggler is an excellent free conversion site, with nearly every format you can think of to convert to, I am sure you can find what you are looking for there.

i don't know how to convert pdf to ppt but i can give you some advices in converting pdf to word because i always do such a work. you may try adobe firstly but i have ever tried but failed eventually. so i turned to some third party software which contains the function of converting pdf to many other formats . this sdk can do pdf to word conversion in c# ,net. vb, etc. as for ppt, i know some softwares are professional in such conversion , you can search on google. good luck.

thank you both very much, i was trying to use it, but i didnt use linux too much because i didnt know how to install the apps i wanted.

I Don't understand the question.