Wireless button won't work after installing Linux

Thread: Wireless button won't work after installing Linux

Hybrid View

Wireless button won't work after installing Linux

Hey just installed Ubuntu 12.10 as my only os now my wireless connection won't work . The button won't light or or anything need help please message me at tcalisher@gmail.com I really want this fixed :/

I also have some trouble with the 12.10 version but the older 12.04 was working satisfactorily.

May be you could stick with the older version while the problems are being sorted in the current release. Ubuntu seems to be losing grip with 12.10.

In Linux you can switch over to another distro quickly. Mint is possibly a good one to fall-back on.
    Linux user started Jun 2004 - No. 361921
    Using a Linux live CD to clone XP
    To install Linux and keep Windows MBR untouched
    Adding extra Linux & Doing it in a lazy way
    A Grub menu booting 100+ systems & A "Howto" to install and boot 145 systems
    Just cloning tips Just booting tips A collection of booting tips

Judge asked Linux "You are being charged murdering Windoze by stabbing its heart with a weapon, what was it?" Replied Linux "A Live CD"

Ubuntu now uses Unity, I've also tried it (12.04 and 12.10) and it wasn't working like I wanted it to work, I've heard MANY people complaining about it.
    My advice is : try another distro, Ubuntu is not listening to their users anymore.
    I have 2 laptops (8 year old Acer and 2 year old HP) laying around here, they both boot Linux Mint (13 and 14 MATE) and they're rock solid.
    I'm not hating Ubuntu, but there are other distro's then Ubuntu which are better.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Anderson View Post
    Ubuntu now uses Unity, I've also tried it (12.04 and 12.10) and it wasn't working like I wanted it to work, I've heard MANY people complaining about it.
    My advice is : try another distro, Ubuntu is not listening to their users anymore.
    I have 2 laptops (8 year old Acer and 2 year old HP) laying around here, they both boot Linux Mint (13 and 14 MATE) and they're rock solid.
    I'm not hating Ubuntu, but there are other distro's then Ubuntu which are better.

Agreed Ubuntu is in a state of flux right now kinda like Gnome 3 is and KDE4 used to be. Personally I use Debian Wheezy with Mate but Mint works well and may be better suited for beginners and those that don't want to tinker with their system. If you like Xfce then SalineOS 2 is a great choice too. It's rock solid and kinda reminds me of Ubuntu with out all the fuss.
    Debian Wheezy with Mate
    To many to list in Virtualbox

Homemade router/firewall with Debian Squeeze