KDE, LXDE and XFCE hostile to left-handed laptop users?

Thread: KDE, LXDE and XFCE hostile to left-handed laptop users?

KDE, LXDE and XFCE hostile to left-handed laptop users?

I have spent hours looking at posts in various forums as well as posting to various forums and receiving no replies. I thought I'd try this forum to see if things are different here.

It seems that certain DE developers are of the opinion that only right-handed laptop users are entitled to use tap-to-click. When I change my mouse settings to left-handed in KDE (OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE liveDVD), LXDE and XFCE, tap-to-click goes away and a tap on my touchpad brings up the context menu instead. I.e., a tap on the touchpad acts like a right-click for right-handed users.

I have seen replies that are way off the mark regarding this problem. It seems that some people reply without setting their mouse to be left-handed on a laptop and then seeing what happens when they tap their touchpad.

Micro$oft got this right (correct) decades ago and some Linux DEs do as well. I mostly use Linuxmint 14 Cinnamon 32 bit right now because tap-to-click works correctly for me, but I also have tap-to-click working correctly for left-handed users in Puppy Linux as well.

Will this never be resolved?

Quote Originally Posted by squarepegger View Post
    It seems that certain DE developers are of the opinion that only right-handed laptop users are entitled to use tap-to-click. When I change my mouse settings to left-handed in KDE (OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE liveDVD), LXDE and XFCE, tap-to-click goes away and a tap on my touchpad brings up the context menu instead. I.e., a tap on the touchpad acts like a right-click for right-handed users.
    I know right, us lefties need tap to click too!