Hey guys and girls! It's really been a long time since I've had the need to post, but I have run into a bit of a problem lately and could use some help and/or advice. I've been using a program called 'Check Book Balancer, (cbb)' ever since I began using Linux back in 1999. It's a simple yet elegant little program written using Tcl and perl that does what I need it to do.
The problem I am having is that the program no longer renders it's columns properly as the operating system does not recognize the fonts it calls for as I believe they are now deprecated. HereScreenshot from 2013-09-07.jpg is a pic of what I am talking about along with the section of coding calling for the fonts to use. As you can see, the Debit/Credit columns do not align and make reading the output difficult. This never used to happen, but since I updated my system from Ubuntu 11.04 to LinuxMint Maya, i can not get the program to render properly. Through Synaptic, I have downloaded the 75dpi and 100dpi font sets, but the system does not see them.
My question then is how to get the sytem to see these fonts?