system-config-kickstart command not found

Thread: system-config-kickstart command not found

Question system-config-kickstart command not found

when I type system-config-kickstart from the terminal logged on as a user, I get command not found.

When I run "yum install system-config-kickstart" it from CL terminal, logged on as root, it goes through some downloads.

I need to be able to run kickstart from both the command line and the bash shell.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Since I haven't gotten any responses, I was wondering if I'm not asking the question correctly! What other information can I provide?

What distribution/version are you running. I assume Redhat/Fedora/CentOS.

Since typically the command line is a bash shell you will have to provide some additional information as to what you want to accomplish. Kickstart-Configurator is a GUI application. You need x i.e. a desktop to be running.

You have not provided enough information to know if it actually installed successfully. Should be installed to /usr/bin which usually is in the users path.

As indicated you can start it from a terminal i.e. system-config-kickstart or via the menu i.e. click Applications->System Tools->Kickstart

I'm running Fedora 13 ( class requirement) I tried so many things and finally got it working! Of course now I have new problems! But that's for another post!

Thanks for your reply.