Macpup Grub issue

Thread: Macpup Grub issue

Macpup Grub issue

Newbie here, ive installed macpup 528, on a aspire one n214, tried to install the latest 550 & 529. but couldn't get xwin to work.
    528 is the only OS on the hard drive
    I followed this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piT_z8ESHg4,

the issue im having is I would like macpup to automatically boot, instead having to choose between
    disc partitions or booting into windows

Thanks

Grub booting is controlled by a text file so just edit it to suit your need.

Macpup uses Grub1 and its configuration file is always stored as /boot/grub/menu.lst.

Just put a "#" in front of the lines for the boot entries you don't want to see. If you don't know how post this file here and we shall advise.
    Linux user started Jun 2004 - No. 361921
    Using a Linux live CD to clone XP
    To install Linux and keep Windows MBR untouched
    Adding extra Linux & Doing it in a lazy way
    A Grub menu booting 100+ systems & A "Howto" to install and boot 145 systems
    Just cloning tips Just booting tips A collection of booting tips

Judge asked Linux "You are being charged murdering Windoze by stabbing its heart with a weapon, what was it?" Replied Linux "A Live CD"

Thanks, I gave up on the Macpup and trying out Zorin 7 lite
    So far just as quick or quicker and everything works with the right screen resolution.
    Plus it has the chrome browser so all the extensions and sync match my desktop.

I have windows 7 on my desktop, I think I will start looking for linux programs to match up with the few programs I use and try out different distros.

Zorin has the same type grub start menu, so i will be hunting for the config file.

If we don't want Grub on the system. Can we install without using grub?

Every OS has to be booted by a boot loader and Grub is the standard for the majority of Linux. One can put Lilo the other Linux boot loader but that is a lot of work.
    Linux user started Jun 2004 - No. 361921
    Using a Linux live CD to clone XP
    To install Linux and keep Windows MBR untouched
    Adding extra Linux & Doing it in a lazy way
    A Grub menu booting 100+ systems & A "Howto" to install and boot 145 systems
    Just cloning tips Just booting tips A collection of booting tips

Judge asked Linux "You are being charged murdering Windoze by stabbing its heart with a weapon, what was it?" Replied Linux "A Live CD"