kde 3.0 question

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: kde 3.0 question

Question kde 3.0 question

Hi

I am totally new to linux, and trying to help a friend on kde 3.0.0-10.

He has a business software on this system, and he is trying to extract his daily records on a usb flash drive,

There is a set of instructions, 10 steps he was given but the last command says file not recognized. He does a daily backup to this drive and but you can't finf thr a drive either.

A friend told me we had to have codes to enter in the search box to open the har drive, flash drive etc?

I found what would be like device manager and it shows the flash drive is on the system/

What he is trying to do is find the files to move them, but for some reason we have no idea how to find them under the searches we have tried.

I right clicked on the desk top and a lot of drop down items are there , but syill not what we need.

This is pretty sketchy so if you need more info to help please ask.

I have been a w system user for a long time, and ask my friend in ca about this as he has 8 systems with linux but he has not had experience in our problem either.

Every night this system is to do a backup, but i have never watched where they are going so until i see that , i told him you need to know where, but i don't know why i can't find the drives.

thks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by grapevine View Post

... trying to help a friend on kde 3.0.0-10. He has a business software on this system, and he is trying to extract his daily records on a usb flash drive,
    What is the name of the business software?

There is a set of instructions, 10 steps he was given but the last command says file not recognized.
    Might help to post the instructions so we can take a look.

isi is what is on there now, but he is switching, i will have to get that sheet and scan it.

tks

isi is what is on there now, but he is switching, i will have to get that sheet and scan it.

tks
    i just talked to him amd he used a floppy to try to copy some files and in order to read them a window or message came up to go to the root directory but he needed to enter a password and does not know it, so is the kde controlling this "conquerer" or is it the isi software, which he does not have support for? i'll get that sheet later tks

kde 3.0

Briefly reading this "it says be careful" or you may expand the shell?

He watched the backup start tonight and if i have it right some went to opt/isi/data. how would you find that?

He said it chaged some as there are different things in the business that is described differently.

This is where the unknown is where are they?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpywareDr View Post

He watched the backup start tonight and if i have it right some went to opt/isi/data. how would you find that?
    With the find folder widget. If it's missing, right-click on the Desktop then choose Add Widget, scroll through the list of widgets until you find Folder View widget, then drag it to the Desktop.

kde 3.0

With the find folder widget. If it's missing, right-click on the Desktop then choose Add Widget, scroll through the list of widgets until you find Folder View widget, then drag it to the Desktop.
    ho found the file in the root directory, but the flash drive can not be located to drag it to, in sys information , but nothing happens if you right click on it, and the c dr is not located on the dtop?

I was informed yesterday i was searching the wrong way. I do not know anything about Linux, and in trying to help my son on this issue, i ASSUMED KDE or KDE 3 was a LINUX system, not true. So as soon as he tells me what it is we can further try and solve this. Sorry for the confusion

yes thanks,, i have been there after a cousin of mine in ca, whom i called as he runs several distros but had never encountered what i was describing until late yesterday and informed me i was mixed up slightly or more.

Tomorrow i will know more.
    tks

by the way , are you on virt dr?

Question cruzer drive

i found it is a gnome terminal 1.4.0.4 1998 1999, i thought that was an os, but i was told it's not, just part of, so how does one find the os, i can only find system , not system information.
    tks