Can't Read Icon Ques in Inkscape 0.91

Thread: Can't Read Icon Ques in Inkscape 0.91

Can't Read Icon Ques in Inkscape 0.91

Hey JustLinux peeps! I haven't been around for a good while, but I'm having a heck of a time trying to solve a problem... Those que's that pop up when you mouse over any of the icons in Inkscape; mine are displaying as white text on a light gray background. Completely illegible.

I'm running Kubuntu 16.04 with the dark theme. I've tried changing the 'text highlight' parameters with the Theme Configuration application (pretty sure it's Unity). Nothing has helped Inkscape change the color of the 'hover text', or 'highlight' text, or whatever this text is called. Inkscape has about a gozillion different icons (yes, that's a technical term ;-) ), and after watching a few YouTube videos, I see this 0.91 version uses some different icons than before... So it would be nice to see what the icons do before clicking them. Any ideas? Your help will be much appreciated. Thanks, and glad the site is still here!
    solo~ST

It seems the site is just barely here. Anyway... I played around with the system's icon themes, changing it to Gnome, so now my icons and their "cue text" are much better and more readable than before in Inkscape and other apps also. Just so you know, donchaknow.
    solo~ST