need to unlock linux mint in old e-machines.

Thread: need to unlock linux mint in old e-machines.

Question need to unlock linux mint in old e-machines.

hello all.very new to linux.just got an old e-machines give to me with linux mint installed on it.username and password long forgotten.would like to play with os but cannot get past this small but formidable hurdle.no hacker here.this machine has an intel celeron 1.8ghz. proc.726mb.ram so not exactly top of the line system.phoenix bios 4.0 release 6.0 ver. 1.04. any magic keystrokes or something here that can help me with this?this may be my chance to try this linux thing out but if i cant get into this system it will be salvaged for power supply.thank you for any help.this appears to be a very informative forum.

Sorry but, JustLinux's Forum Rules do not allow its members to assist anyone in the recovery of lost passwords. Due to the open, public nature of this forum, any assistance given to help circumvent security measures, even for legitimate purposes, would be available for unscrupulous individuals to use for illegitimate purposes. This is a risk that JustLinux simply cannot take.