OpenSuSE Leap 15 not detecting NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

Thread: OpenSuSE Leap 15 not detecting NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

OpenSuSE Leap 15 not detecting NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

First... this is not my first rodeo, some of you older folk will remember me as MkIII_Supra... no longer have the email address I used to set that account up and can't remember or reset the password... so here I are...

Specs:
    Video Card
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 w/ 4GB GDDR5

Processor
    Intel® 8th Generation Coffee Lake Core™ i7-8750H 6 Core - 12 Thread Processor, 2.2 GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 4.1 GHz), 9MB Smart Cache

Memory
    32GB HIDevolution Approved Dual Channel DDR4/2400MHz

Brand new MSI rig just got it a week ago, tried a couple different distros and OpenSuSE was the only one to install without a massive headache. Anyhow I have been having some issues with Steam randomly crashing so I have been going through and fixing that when I noted OpenSuSE isn't recognizing the NVIDIA card but it is recognizing and using the onboard Intel Graphics card... so... ideas?

I do not know what's going on but on Ubuntu and Mint I have the same problem with this graphics card.

The same problem to me, So need more information for you.

I suppose that's meant to be /usr/X11R6/lib(64)/ instead, that's where nvidia's OpenGL libs are located (if you use the rpm packages at least).
    But Tumbleweed uses libglvnd since a while now to allow to have several OpenGL implementations side-by-side, so this should not be necessary at all anymore as nvidia's GL libs are in the standard /usr/lib64/ as well.
    I'm not new to Linux, but I'm new to Optimus so I have to ask some friends at Apknite dev department:
    Let's create a checkpoint if you're using btrfs (everything here is to be done as root): snapper create -d "Checkpoint before messing with X" - this way you can always come back to here if needed by running snapper list and then snapper rollback <number of checkpoints taken from the list>
    I have installed the Nvidia drivers using the bumblebee repository (but not the bumblebee program itself, only the drivers).

$ sudo glxinfo | grep Device
    Device: Radeon RX 580 Series (POLARIS10, DRM 3.23.0, 4.15.0-72-generic, LLVM 8.0.0) (0x67df)
    My Ubuntu 18.04 recognizes my new Radeon RX 580 graphic card on new dell XPS-8930 i7 core 32G of Ram. Here is my guess on this problem. When I installed my new graphic card, I also removed all connection to hook up to my new card. So Ubuntu OS will recognize the new card not the old one. Hope this is help!

bill