Confused About DNS Configuration.

Thread: Confused About DNS Configuration.

Hybrid View

Confused About DNS Configuration.

Hello everyone,

Forgive me if I'm asking the wrong question here. Here's the situation that I'm going through:

I bought a couple domains that I'm looking to use through Google Domains. I pointed the Name Servers to Cloudflare. I'm trying to change the resource records on Cloudflare (CNAME & TXT records).

My question is should I be editing the resource records on Cloudflare, or with my registrar (Google Domains), or both? Really new to all of this. I've waited close to 3 days now for DNS settings to propagate and it's just not going through. From what I read that's pretty unheard of unless you're doing something totally wrong.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by quinton77 View Post
    My question is should I be editing the resource records on Cloudflare, or with my registrar (Google Domains), or both? Really new to all of this. I've waited close to 3 days now for DNS settings to propagate and it's just not going through. From what I read that's pretty unheard of unless you're doing something totally wrong
    Depends on what are the authoritative nameservers for your domain(s).

When you register a domain to a registrar, you define a couple of authoritative nameservers,
    Then you should add/edit the RRs you want at those nameservers.

I guess in your case, it's cloudflare, but if you're unsure (or you want to test your setup), you can use this online tool

Regards