HELP ME! Linux D-Link wireless network

Thread: HELP ME! Linux D-Link wireless network

HELP ME! Linux D-Link wireless network

Ok heres the deal I have a D-Link Wireless network that works FINE with windows works absoloutly great with windows but with linux I dont know how to get it to work. Ive setup a wireless network under the tab and in KDE ive set up everything so it searches for the ip addy plus another .100 and below. I have a D-Link DWL-520 Network card in the comptuer with linux and I have Red Hat Linux 7.2 Thanks!

I found an article in a newsgroup. This person has Red Hat 7.2 and that card working. Here's the newsgroup article

Article

I'm assuming that's your problem. That article will tell you where to go to get drivers and how to install.

Hope this helps some....
    "Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"

ok sweet im gonna try that! looks right THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Originally posted by stingray72:
    <STRONG>I found an article in a newsgroup. This person has Red Hat 7.2 and that card working. Here's the newsgroup article

Article

I'm assuming that's your problem. That article will tell you where to go to get drivers and how to install.

Hope this helps some....</STRONG>
    Was that found by just looking through a particular newsgroup or a web search such as Google? Thanks.
    SEARCH FIRST... ASK SECOND Read the JL 'Community Help Posting Guidelines' before posting in the forums.

Precompiled Redhat NTFS Modules

Linuxplanet Tutorials

If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem. ... Please do not send me a PM asking for help...

Please read the search suggestion thread in JL Ideas

google is the best! it was probably google

Originally posted by WattsMD:
    <STRONG>Was that found by just looking through a particular newsgroup or a web search such as Google? Thanks.</STRONG>
    It was deja.com. I think that is google groups now. I always start there then go to google for linux.
    "Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"

Originally posted by crizo:
    <STRONG>google is the best! it was probably google</STRONG>
    I thought so. I remember like it was yesterday when I suggested to someone that they search Google for a DLink wireless network problem.

And now someone is ranting and raving in the Rant Forum just beause of this very same question.

If you get it configured and working, perhaps you could help that other member with his/hers. Thanks.
    SEARCH FIRST... ASK SECOND Read the JL 'Community Help Posting Guidelines' before posting in the forums.

Precompiled Redhat NTFS Modules

Linuxplanet Tutorials

If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem. ... Please do not send me a PM asking for help...

Please read the search suggestion thread in JL Ideas