musicmatch

Thread: musicmatch

musicmatch

Is there anyone out there using musicmatch for linux? I want to install it as soon as I figure out how,(yes I am as about as new to linux as they come,just installed mandrake)

Thanks

What kind of format is it in and are there install procedures (readme's etc.) included with it?

Here is the link , there probably is a read me , but Im sure once you run the install program . First I have to understand or figure out where to dl it to . I assume a temp directory, and then install it from there. Please excuse my ignorance, i am a Mac - Windoze User. (Trying to learn from a book)
    This is an awesome program for audio, in windows anyway.
    http://www.musicmatch.com/download/f...nux&mode=input

You can download it to /home/USERNAME
    if you are root it would be /root because root is special, but don't dl it as root, you will prolly need to run it as root though.

so lets say you are user gorn:
    in netscape click download, it asks to save i type /home/gorn/install-mmjb-1.00.0043.sh

then wait for it to download.

Now i need to run it as root. (you can type this in an xterm or from the console)
    su
    ROOTSPASSWORD
    chmod +x install-mmjb-1.00.0043.sh
    ./install-mmjb-1.00.0043.sh

and just a tip, unstead of typing the install thing the whole time you can use autocomplete. So you type install- and hit tab, it will fill out the rest (unless you have 2 or more files that start with install- in that directory)

good luck (i'm gonna install it too, but i'm doing homework now )

-out-
    I mainly chill at LinuxJunior.org

'tswhy they call me gorn..

yahoo: zGoRNz
    aim: GoRNToTheRescue

Bradmont2 Guest
    I wouldn't recommend using it for linux. The port sucks. Try something else (grip works really well )

Thanks goRN