Fatal Server Error (cannot create lock file in /tmp/.tx0-lock)

Thread: Fatal Server Error (cannot create lock file in /tmp/.tx0-lock)

Fatal Server Error (cannot create lock file in /tmp/.tx0-lock)

Hello! I am wondering if someone could please help me. I have had Corel Linux (2nd Edition) running for a week or so. Being new to Linux, I dun know a whole lot about things, but I successfully upgraded to the new Netscape browser. Something happened between the last time I shutdown and the time last time I tried to boot Linux because I get a error stating: "Fatal Server Error Could not create a lock file in /tmp/.tx0-lock".. Anyone know what that is all about?? I'd appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you in advace!

demian Guest
    Check the permissions on the /tmp directory. They should look like drwxrwxrwt. Try setting the sticky bit if it's not already there: chmod 1777 /tmp

Actually, it seemed much simpler than I had imagined. There was no /temp directory to be found, so I logged in as root and made one. For some strange reason, it had been deleted or moved. As soon as I rebooted, everything was just as I had left it... Thank you for your help! I am kinda very happy that I solved it on my own!