Netscape Help

Thread: Netscape Help

Netscape Help

How do I setup Netscape to connect to my ISP. I can't get it to connect to the server. I setup the my Modem to dial and it works with the ppp program.

Are you trying to connect period, or are you trying to get it to connect automatically when you start Netscape?

...trying to connect period! Shouldn't Netscape connect to the ISP when I start it up - since I already have established a connection through ppp? What am I missing here?

If your ppp connection is definitely up then yes, you should be able to use netscape as usual.

can you use other internet apps (try telnetting to your ISP mailserver port 25 or 110, or try a 'traceroute' to a host to see what's happening). Initially try using the IP and if that works, try using the hostname. If you can use the IP but not the hostname then you've got DNS issues.

Otherwise check that you've enabled the "defaultroute" option for PPP so that otherwise undefined routes go through your modem.

HTH

Geoff

I think it is a DNS issue, because I can ping my ISP in the terminal. I have to mess around with it some more. This version of Netscape for Linux is quite different from what I am used to.

I GIVE UP...
    I am going back to Windows.